Best down jacket- Brook Range Alpini

I have tried what feels like every down jacket out there. In my opinion I have finally found the holy grail. It’s not camo, but if you are looking for a bomber insulating layer this is the best I have found. And it’s only $81 right now regularly $270. The quality is excellent and the loft reminds me of my western mountaineering bags.

Alpini Mountain Anorak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snakelk

WKR
That looks like a great down jacket, especially for the price. Thanks for posting (although I don't really NEED another puffy!)

three5x5s

WKR
Thanks for posting.......I think. There went the piggy bank money. As for the sizing I have the down hybrid sweater in size small and it fits like a sweater should. its says the small should be a 36-38 chest and I'm 36. I have room for a tee and a long sleeve base under it easy. I would say its about a 1/2 size smaller the a Kuiu medium. Hope that helps..

OP
H
It seems to fit pretty in line for a medium. I am medium on everything and would agree with the kuiu comment as I had kuiu down jacket. Smaller than the older FL medium outerwear but haven’t tried their new line.

These do look and sound well made. I just bought a new old stock Camo military gortex parka without the liner for cold weather hunting. This looks like it would make a Excellent liner for the gortex parka's. I bought a cheap fleece cold weather liner but this looks like it would make a better liner and give me an alternate liner.

Wrench

WKR
If you buy them....make sure you inspect it the day it gets there. Mine had a bad seam and was leaking feathers. I called them and was told that they have a 48 hour return limit. I just sewed it up myself.

It's good priced gear.....but beware.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
So I see a couple I’d have liked to try but almost everything is out of my size. Is this a annual purge of merchandise this company does or are they going under? Anyone know the backstory with the pricing?

Last edited:
The lady from the company told me it was old stock. I'm guessing they got some new models coming in for next year.

Billinsd

WKR
I have tried what feels like every down jacket out there. In my opinion I have finally found the holy grail. It’s not camo, but if you are looking for a bomber insulating layer this is the best I have found. And it’s only $81 right now regularly $270. The quality is excellent and the loft reminds me of my western mountaineering bags.

Alpini Mountain Anorak

How small does this compact down to?

Bughalli

WKR
Keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post because they often sell overstocks there as well. Not much there today, but I've seen it there in the past.

Foldem

WKR
Anybody that picked one up in XL that doesn't want it and is willing to pass it to me with a little markup for shipping please let me know.

Thank you,

Kevin