Cabelas club rewards

Kindo

WKR
Hey, not sure if anyone was aware of this or not, but Cabelas offers a rewards program that is separate from their Visa card.

Basically, you get the same benefits of the rewards card on all cabelas purchases without having to use their visa card. It's nothing huge (2%) but I know we all try and get the best deals possible. I was also told that this Rewards Card will allow you to qualify for the extra 10% off deals that they offer randomly. You should also be able to use it with active junky etc as well.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah you can get normal rewards, I had that prior to the VISA. However I couldn't get the extra 10% off deals so I eventually go their VISA. Did they start something new?

I signed my wife up for it hoping to get more coupons and to use when use gift cards. It can be helpful when you spend a lot with discounted gift cards, but I never do it that way.

I think it sucks that if you have the cc it's the only way to earn rewards.

I don't think it'll work with the 10% off visa specials though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wheels

WKR
It must be the same program that Bass Pro has had for years. you get a rewards number and when you buy merchandise they add it to your rewards account. Bass Pro occasionally has "rewards member" discount days, but I'm not a fan of Bass Pro so didn't use it much.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Yeah, I didn't know about it until this last weekend. The CS person I spoke with said that it would work with the added 10% off days but they could have been wrong. I've got the Visa already so I didn't look into things too much.

bearskull

FNG
Yeah, I didn't know about it until this last weekend. The CS person I spoke with said that it would work with the added 10% off days but they could have been wrong. I've got the Visa already so I didn't look into things too much.

How has your experience been with their VISA program? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR

So far, so good. I found myself buying cabelas gift cards with my other credit card rewards so I figure why not just get the Visa and get more rewards. I always just pay off my balance anyhow so it seemed like a no brainer. That, and it got me about $175 back in points when I bought my Alaknak in the bargain cave so it basically left me with a full 12x12 Alaknak setup including vestibule and floor/roof covers for about $600. They've got it all figured out though. Just turns my purchasing into a vicious cycle!

I get better “discounts” with the discounted gift cards.

I had the rewards membership before, but wasn’t able to get the 10% off days until I got their Visa card.

Last edited:

Tbuckus

WKR

It’s the same as other Visa cards with percentage back deals. It just depends on how you want to receive your “cash back”.
My card gets paid off every month so I don’t even look at the APR on it.
If you play the game between discount cards, sales, active junky, redeeming point you can do well with cabelas.
I used all those for an expensive ecollar that you couldn’t find on sale anywhere and when it was all said and done, it was under $300 out of pocket.

Rak320

FNG
I just used my Cabela’s points and Bass Pro Shops price matching to get a Leupold VX-5HD CDS 3-15x44 for $735.78 OTD/Shipped, if you are smart and patient rewards will serve you well.

I just used my Cabela’s points and Bass Pro Shops price matching to get a Leupold VX-5HD CDS 3-15x44 for $735.78 OTD/Shipped, if you are smart and patient rewards will serve you well.
What was it before points?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk