Game bags??

muddydogs

WKR
For general info I picked up a set of the Allen Backcountry Game Bags off Amazon for $25. There definitely not big enough for Elk quarters but they should work great for deer and antelope. There's only 4 bags in a kit which should be plenty for the smaller sized game as the loose meat can go in the front shoulder bags. I compared them to my set of Ovis Sacks and the material is similar, there constructed just as well but they don't have the reflective tape like the Ovis. For $25 I think there going to be my go to bag for smaller game and I will continue using my Ovis Sacks for elk. Allen does have a larger set of 4 elk quarter bags but for the price of these bags a guy is better of getting the Ovis XL set of 5 bags.

If those Allen’s are the 20x30 bags they work just fine for elk quarters. Little wiggling and squish and they work bone in on big bulls and work really well on bone out.

davsco

WKR
just bought my first set of black ovis bags on camofire today, $50 + 7.50 shipping

Caribou bags have been great. Used them for backpacking meat and hanging meat in the trees for several years with no problems. Very lightweight and durable.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Caribou Gear definitely has the bags you're looking for. Great local company here in Colorado making a premium product. Their bags are reusable, fast drying, snag/tear resistant, shrink/stain resistant, and are cotton free. These ultra-light synthetic game bags will not stretch, allowing for no dirt, fine dust, or fly larva to enter.

I would check out their Elk Magnum Pack. That will give you a lot of options.

I can tell you the Black Ovis deer bags will not hold boned out elk quarters like they claim too. A boned out bull shoulder completely filled one, a ham wasn’t even close. My elk sized TAGs worked great though.

GregB

WKR
I like the Caribou Gear bags as well. I have a set of the muley game bags which are more than enough for deer and you can squeeze in an elk quarter bone in. I also use the Carnivore III bags they are a little smaller but still plenty of room for deer.

Logan T

WKR
If there is any chance of wanting to use them for elk quarters bone in as well, I would say absolutely nothing smaller than the caribou gear elk on the bone bags. I’ve been lucky enough to take two older bulls the past two years, and the body size of an older bull is significantly larger than young bulls. There is no way the quarters of my last two bulls would have fit in the caribou gear deer bags, as they hardly fit in the elk bags. It was a tight squeeze and this years bull there was more meat sticking out of the top of the bags than I liked. Better to have extra bag and take care of the meat than pack the bags and not even get to use them. Currently looking for something a little larger, without jumping to their elk magnum pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk