Disposable gloves

Just a heads up, I came across some awesome gloves the other day. I like to use gloves for cleaning animals and fishing but I cant help but shred them pretty quick. I've played with a couple pair of these and I cant tear em. I will try and test them a little more (i.e., try to poke a havalon through it).

Amazon.com: Venom Steel Rip Resistant Industrial Nitrile Gloves 2-Layer,Black White, Latex Rubber Free, Disposable, X-Large(Pack of 100): Industrial & Scientific

Will be waiting for the update, I usually pack 3 pairs in my kill kit just for that reason and by the end they are all torn up and my hands a bloody mess. Kiinda defeats the purpose....

the gloves I have been using are the challenger brand, napa carries them. Basically bulletproof, never had any rips or tears in dealing with probably 20 animals. They are also very flammable......make good fire starter, light easily with a match.

OP
S
Update on the gloves: I had a chance to play with gloves tonight and I can say they are not Havalon-proof. But, they are most definitely quite cut resistant for being disposable gloves.

I doubled a finger over a new havalon blade and it took a decent amount of pressure to cut. They didn't hold up to well to a direct stab but I wouldn't expect them to. However, I think they could probably protect against most of the little nicks we get here and there.

All in all the durability of the glove is amazing. I will be packing in a couple pair without a doubt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this! Been looking for a good glove. Glad to hear they’re somewhat havalon resistant. After cutting my leg while processing an animal with a havalon last year, I’ve grown to fear the havalon. (I know these won’t protect my legs ha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being 6 mil they should do well. I've been using some 5 mil gloves the past 3-4 years I ordered online because I couldn't find anything that thick locally. Since I've found Napa carries a black glove that is at least that thick. Then I was in Murdochs this summer and found Monkey Wrench makes both a 6 mil and an 8 mil glove. I will likely try one of those next. Both the monkey wrench packages were $20

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I use ravens at work and have used them for the last few years gutting too. They hold up pretty well while gutting, way better than your standard gloves.

OP
S
Did gutless on two deer this weekend. Gloves held up well and even hit them a couple times with the benchmade. No cuts/tears until I snagged one on a broken rib when I was pulling out the heart. Very happy with them. First time I've cleaned an animal and didnt get ANY nicks.

Mercyme

Banned
They look really nice, i always shred my gloves too and it will be nice to try this.

I wore a pair of the venom’s cleaning an elk last week, they had zero tears or punctures, even after removing and putting them back on twice. I wouldn’t expect them to be cut-resistant, but don’t use both hands where you can’t see what’s happening and you shouldn’t cut yourself in the first place.

Vids

WKR
Those look very similar to the Grease Monkey nitrile gloves from Home Depot. I've been using those for years, they're great. Hold up great, and grip the knife well after they're bloody. I don't think any gutting glove is going to protect you from a Havalon cut so I wouldn't worry about that, just be careful and don't cut yourself.