Gear trunk ideas

Tower

FNG
I've never seen the grey in the store here in San Antonio. I actually don't mind the "clear" as it helps me locate an item when I'm looking for something specific, but I can see how the grey would hide contents from any prying eyes. Also placed self adhesive 3x5 index card pockets on the ends, and printed out the content info on a sheet of paper and cut to fit. Helps a lot when looking for something. And printing them out looks a lot better than my handwriting!

Amazon.com : Cardinal HOLDit! Self-Adhesive 3 x 5-Inch Index Card Pockets, Clear, 100 per Pack (21150CB) : Label Pockets : Office Products

Inside each tote I placed a good sized desiccant pouch due to the high humidity down here. This was mostly for the totes containing gear but also put them in those containing clothing to help absorb some odors.

You can also use stickers to identify which tote is which.

I gave my two year old some markers and let him go to town on the lids.

Now I have very unique markings on my tote lids while not advertising my expensive gear inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
I really like the Plano sportsman’s trunks. Cheap, fairly durable with a good lid that latches down securely. There’s a lip all the way around the tote which prevents rain from entering if left outside or in the back of a truck. Otherwise I use a couple pelican cases for my more important gear/optics.

Sportsmans Trunk Medium OD Green | Plano Molding

Jimss

WKR
I use the Rubbermaid Action Packers. They are pretty rugged. In fact, I've used them for hauling gear to and from Alaska on airlines. In Alaska they've worked great for hauling gear in a truck, bush planes, rafts, boats, etc. They are relatively light weight for hauling to and from the truck, water-tight, and pretty rugged.

I grabbed a pair of the ziplock totes from Walmart based on this thread. Very impressed with them for the price. They now house my perishable food in the travel trailer