Gear trunk ideas

Does anybody have a recommendation for a trunk to store hunting gear in the truck for a trip out somewhere so things aren't just loose everywhere in the bed of the truck? I've just been using cheap plastic totes but the latches always give out and they're not secure at all. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new military foot lockers are great. You might be able to find one less expensive at a surplus shop. They have a hasp and double latches. I have shipped them around the world and my two are still rock solid. Use them for all my base camp gear.

I have one. Husky I believe. About 60 gallons. Heavy duty plastic and lockable. Works fine but...no wheels. That chest of mine is a heavy beast when loaded.

I saw a buddy with one of these dewalts and I am thinking about an upgrade due to wheel envy.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Tough-Chest-38-in-63-Gal-Mobile-Tool-Box-DWST38000/205502769

So I bought one of these. Not sure what it’s height is but it is too tall to fit under my taneau cover. I think I am going to take it back and stick with my old one.

I would probably look at the plano boxes that have the rubber seal. They run about $40 each, but are pretty sturdy. And, the seal is a nice touch. I believe it's the plane 1919.

Too big gets too heavy too fast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would probably look at the plano boxes that have the rubber seal. They run about $40 each, but are pretty sturdy. And, the seal is a nice touch. I believe it's the plane 1919.

Too big gets too heavy too fast.

Agree with this!

Tower

FNG
I've had good luck with this wheeled tote from Container store. Good tight lid with a foam weather seal. It fits under my roll-up tonneau cover on my F150.
Have quite a few of these Weathertite totes in different sizes in my garage holding gear, clothes, etc. Probably wouldn't recommend shipping them but day to day they are good.

103 qt. Weathertight Tote with Wheels | The Container Store

I've had good luck with this wheeled tote from Container store. Good tight lid with a foam weather seal. It fits under my roll-up tonneau cover on my F150.
Have quite a few of these Weathertite totes in different sizes in my garage holding gear, clothes, etc. Probably wouldn't recommend shipping them but day to day they are good.

I use a smaller version of the ziploc branded one for garage storage of hunting and sports stuff. Its black and keeps light out which I found can be good even when stored in storage units and garages.

Scrappy

WKR
A 5x10 cargo trailer. I think I have way to much junk when I go hunting.

Bughalli

WKR

This is exactly what I've used for years. They used to offer these in dark grey as well. I liked that people couldn't see inside the dark grey ones. I bought about 15 of them and store all my hunting gear in them in the garage. The dark grey looks clean and organized. I really liked the foam seal to keep the dust (i.e. When in the back of a truck on a dirt road) and bugs out when sitting in the garage. Darn moths got in prior totes I used and damaged some of my wool hunting clothing. Nothing can get in theses. The 4 lock downs / clasps are pretty good, offering plenty of backup if one clasp gets bumped open. They stack and interlock very well. Pretty sturdy. I don't think I would stand on one, but sat on them plenty of times. I generally store them on shelves, I've stacked them 3 high with each having 40lbs of stuff in it and didn't have any issues.