Quiet Kat/E-Bikes

Really thinking about getting a 1000 CC ebike this next year. Where I hunt dirt bikes are legal on the forest service trails during bow season. But dirt bikes and ATVs are loud and obnoxious! I usually hike in and camp about 3.5-4 miles in. Then I get up and hike the FS trails to where I'll hunt then go from there.

How's the batteries work on these? I see a lot of them have a range of about 18 miles. How do they recharge and can you get a spare battery?

How do they do on steep trails with a heavy load? I weigh 220 so about 230 with clothes and boots. So with a 50lb pack I'd be at about 280. I see QK has a limit of 300. Is there anyone with a higher rating? Are trailers a good option or just using your pack? The trails hunt are pretty nasty, steep and rocky. I honestly don't know how guys get their dirt bikes up there.

I'm in pretty good shape but I usually get about two weeks to go a backpack hunt for elk here in MT. So the miles add up. Especially if I want to go to the truck and recharge the batteries and get more food. That's seven miles round trip! But on a bike I'd be there and back in no time and still have energy to hunt. Then to just wake up and hop on a bike for a 10 min ride would be awesome!

What kind of helmets are you guys using? You using a full motocross style? I'd probably be OK without one but being solo and how nasty the trails are I'd hate to Zac Griffith from a bad wreck and pop smoke from a bump on my head.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TNTt321

FNG
I just got back from a week long hunting trip out here in Colorado and tried out a new area for part of the trip. The entire time I was out there, I thought about how much ground I could have covered with an eBike due to the access roads and mountain bike trails. My concern is how well an eBike will climb the steep terrain and how many miles I could actually get on a single charge, due to the additional power needed to get up the steep mountains. It seems like some sort of trailer would be needed and possibly a second battery due to the long recharge time required.

I went to an outdoor show and spoke to someone from QuietKat at length when they were getting ready to pack up at the end of the show. He offered me a SMOKIN deal on a brand new bike that was taken out of the box right before the show started. I would definitely recommend looking into seeing if you could make it to a trade show that they will be attending to see if you can replicate a similar offer.

OP
TradLife406
I just got back from a week long hunting trip out here in Colorado and tried out a new area for part of the trip. The entire time I was out there, I thought about how much ground I could have covered with an eBike due to the access roads and mountain bike trails. My concern is how well an eBike will climb the steep terrain and how many miles I could actually get on a single charge, due to the additional power needed to get up the steep mountains. It seems like some sort of trailer would be needed and possibly a second battery due to the long recharge time required.

I went to an outdoor show and spoke to someone from QuietKat at length when they were getting ready to pack up at the end of the show. He offered me a SMOKIN deal on a brand new bike that was taken out of the box right before the show started. I would definitely recommend looking into seeing if you could make it to a trade show that they will be attending to see if you can replicate a similar offer.
That's awesome!

They offered to set my dad up who is a disabled Nam vet with a discount if we buy two. Probably gunna do it.

My buddy has one and he did recommend a second battery. Not a big deal or get three and have two and one charging in the truck.

Just to be more efficient on a two week hunt would be awesome.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk