What Sling?

After carrying around my muzzleloader this year I am once again reminded that I hate my sling when Im also wearing a pack with larger padded shoulder straps, the combination just does not work. Running an Exo pack.

Sling recommendations that are comfortable and compatible and wont slide off my shoulder?

Tower

FNG
I use a Butler Creek Mountain sling on just about every rifle. It's a simple nylon sling but has a non-slip section sewn in at the top where it goes over your shoulder. That said, I've also been using this Sling Hook on a day pack this year after seeing it on a post here and it really works well. Will be using on my WY hunt next week.

Amazon.com : SlingHook : Sports & Outdoors

Battleguy

Banned
really digging my TAB Gear Pinnacle rifle sling, great adjustment for hastily slinging up and i really like detaching the end from the butt of my rifle and running it attached to my belt for some tension on obstacles.

muddydogs

WKR
My suggestion is stop messing with traditional slings and look at the gun bearer which is a way better way to carry your rifle. You might also want to check out the Safari sling which keeps a rifle shouldered across your front, I keep one around if in the off chance i'm not needing my pack.

i just run a blue force gear 1” sling with a hsgi pad. i added a sling keeper meant for an armor vest/plate carrier to my shoulder strap as well.

Forest

WKR
I too have got tired of using a traditional sling no matter how much $$ I spent on one it just wasn't comfortable after a while. With or without a pack on it's just a nuisance. This year I will be trying the kifaru gun bearer. Might take a bit to get used to where it sits but should be able to have both hands free all the time and no need to worry about it sliding off. Yet still quick to get off when the time arises. Seems like a win win to me!

Mercyme

Banned
I have a bag full of them, and I like the plain, old (non bungee) Armageddon Gear PRS sling better than anything else. Some people like a cuff, but for me they're way too slow, and make it harder to do traditional sling shooting or sling support from positional shooting. I'm not a huge fan of bungee slings either.

I look at them like a good carry holster. You can talk about it and ruminate about it on the internet, but until you try different slings in the field you're really not going to know what you like and what works best for you. I would start with the less expensive and simpler slings first. You might find you just stop there. I, of course, should have stopped there and didn't.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Quake Claw Slimline and Vero Venelli slings have always been good options for me. That sling hook is something I will definitely be picking up