What Sling?

Yes, 99% of the time. Depends on the type of country and style of hunting I'm doing at the time. Basically, if my pack is on more than off (which is the norm) I only run the Kifaru by itself.

OP
durangobrad
I'm thinking gun bearer with a very lightweight webbing type sling so that I can use it for added stability in different shooting positions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
I also switched from the sling to the universal gun bearer. Worked pretty good. It takes a little getting used to, but so far its worked pretty good. I just removed my sling completely.

But when I ran a sling, I used the butler creek with the neoprene shoulder pad. I take the chest strap from the pack, and clip it through the shoulder sling strap. That kept it from coming off my shoulder as easily.

OP
durangobrad
I ordered the gun bearer, but there is no way I'm removing the sling. Slings are used for stability in almost all shooting positions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan of the Kifaru Gun Bearer as well, but I found that I would notice some hip soreness on the rifle side after a long day of using it. I also found that carrying the rifle upside down in the Bearer worked better for me.

Otherwise I use a Claw Slimline.