Dozier knives

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
So I think I've decided to get a Bob Dozier knife after reading so much about them and the great reviews. Just curious from those who've used or experienced one if you had a certain model you felt was the best? What makes it the better choice? I am using this as a hunting knife so hopefully lots of skinning and deboning with it. While I do apreciate knowledge on other knives this is not a debate of one brand vs the others this is only about Dozier.

Trial153

WKR
I have about two dozen doziers, about 50/50 fixed blade to folders.

My go to back country knife is run of the mill Pro guide. I pay the weight penalty for it to have a knife that will not fail under any conditions. I think for purely skinning and breaking meat there are better choices like like a K2 general or k4 straight hunter, yukon pro skinner.
Howver for survival, brush craft, breaking meat and skinning....the pro guide is a beast.

If you wanted a folder ....easy choice. Tab lock trapper.

Last edited:

Akaboomer

FNG
Bob is well known for his quality. Also his heat treat on D2 steel is the benchmark other makers and even professional heat treating services shoot for. I hope you will share whatever you get in images and a review here.

Chris

AZ23

FNG
A Dozier knife will spoil you for life. I carry the small Elk Hunter and the Small Game Skinner. I'm sure I've had them for over 20 years.
I'm not sure either model is currently in production.

I have about two dozen doziers, about 50/50 fixed blade to folders.

My go to back country knife is run of the mill Pro guide. I pay the weight penalty for it to have a knife that will not fail under any conditions. I think for purely skinning and breaking meat there are better choices like like a K2 general or k4 straight hunter, yukon pro skinner.
Howver for survival, brush craft, breaking meat and skinning....the pro guide is a beast.

If you wanted a folder ....easy choice. Tab lock trapper.

2 DOZEN? Holy Schit! Baller All from Bob or AG Russell? Thats several decades of waiting accrued

Trial153

WKR
2 DOZEN? Holy Schit! Baller All from Bob or AG Russell? Thats several decades of waiting accrued
Most I have bought on the secondary market. I have ordred from Bob several times however the three year wait a bummer. Every once is awhile I pick up one on russell.. I just got a modified personal from them recently.

robie

WKR
I have the: K-2 General Purpose Hunting Knife

Really like the knife and the shape of the blade and grip.

Keep an eye on eBay they come up all the time. You won't save a ton of money but you will save some and get the knife sooner than a few years.

if you're interested in a yukon pro skinner i would sell you mine. i'm thinking about selling it and getting a different shape.