Garmin has a new GPS Smart watch made for outdoorsmen, and its under $300!

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Garmin Instinct GPS Smartwatch with heart rate monitor.

Instinct lineup.jpg

Checkout the Garmin's newest GPS Smartwatch. Rugged, reliable, and perfect for outdoorsmen who want usable features without all the fluff. Here are the highlights:

BUILT TO ENDURE-Constructed to U.S. military standard MIL-STD-810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
MULTI-GNSS SUPPORT-Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
MONITOR AND TRAIN-Monitor your heart rate, activity and stress, and train with preloaded activity profiles such as running, biking, swimming, hiking and more
STAY CONNECTED-Stay connected with smart notifications and automatic uploads to the Garmin Connect™ online fitness community
EXPLORE WITH GARMIN-Use the TracBack® feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point; use the Garmin Explore™website and app to plan your trips in advance
BATTERY PERFORMANCE-Battery life: up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode, up to 40 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode

Compatible with Garmin inREach, and the Garmin Xero bowsite! Give me a call, and I can answer any questions you might have. -Rob 208-495-4222

I got the email on this watch today, do you know if it will connect to the original delorme inreach or just garmin? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Hot dang! The timing on this couldn't be better! I've been eyeing a Fenix 5 but the cost was just high enough to make me cringe and it has a bunch of features I have no need for. This thing seems like it scratches the EXACT itch that I have and saves me a couple hundred bucks...color me interested!

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got the email on this watch today, do you know if it will connect to the original delorme inreach or just garmin? Thanks

Kinda looks like it only works with the inReach Mini, but I am checking with Garmin. If I hear differently I'll let you know.

-Rob

tdhanses

WKR
Kinda looks like it only works with the inReach Mini, but I am checking with Garmin. If I hear differently I'll let you know.

-Rob

Believe the mini is the only device that can connect to the watches or anything else, unless they released other updated/new models I’m not aware of.

Disappointed its monochrome but that might be better for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
So only the mini and not the full size garmin inreach?

That is the only new model for 2018 and the first to have this ability. I’m sure new updated versions of the other units will come.

boom

WKR
dang..that is nice.

i have just about all the money saved up for the DELUXO model tho. i seriously hope my wife doesnt see this one is available.

i like the music and O2 thingamajig on the grand-poobah model.

bsnedeker

WKR
dang..that is nice.

i have just about all the money saved up for the DELUXO model tho. i seriously hope my wife doesnt see this one is available.

i like the music and O2 thingamajig on the grand-poobah model.

Lol! In my excitement about this watch I told my wife about it already! Since then I've been looking at this watch side-by-side with the Fenix 5X and I really want the 5X over this guy, primarily based on aesthetics. Having maps on the watch will come in really handy though, and I love the idea of installing apps on the watch and customizing it more than you can this new model.

Now my wife is trying to convince me I don't need it! I should have kept my mouth shut!

boom

WKR
Lol! In my excitement about this watch I told my wife about it already! Since then I've been looking at this watch side-by-side with the Fenix 5X and I really want the 5X over this guy, primarily based on aesthetics. Having maps on the watch will come in really handy though, and I love the idea of installing apps on the watch and customizing it more than you can this new model.

Now my wife is trying to convince me I don't need it! I should have kept my mouth shut!

hahah..rookie!!

now to keep your wife from talking to my wife...

boom

WKR
damn..that IS a nice watch.

i've been reading about it. i love how they upgraded the ruggedness.

tdhanses

WKR
I think it looks like a great value and you aren’t paying for bells and whistles that really are never used.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders,

I can confirm now that the inReach Mini is the only one of the inReach devices that can communicate with the Garmin watches. The explorer and older models do not have the ANT+ required.

Also, I am working on a review of this watch. Having owned the Fenix 5x plus for a few months now, I know what i use and what i don't use both in the field and at home. Lets just say Garmin did a great job of giving the Instinct the features we NEED, and then some..Could this replace my Fenix 5x plus?

Rob

Good review. Nice to get the feedback from someone using the Fenix. I am really tempted to get this watch.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good review. Nice to get the feedback from someone using the Fenix. I am really tempted to get this watch.

Having both watches i have had the opportunity to use Garmin's new "True Up". wow. keeps both watches synced with my Garmin Connect. Really impressed with that as well.