Garmin Instinct. Rugged GPS Smartwatch. Made for us.

Thanks for the write up on this as I’ve been looking at it, however, I’d need to get a mini to get full use from it. I guess I’ll need to upgrade I assume this charges via a phone type plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the write up on this as I’ve been looking at it, however, I’d need to get a mini to get full use from it. I guess I’ll need to upgrade I assume this charges via a phone type plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you don't have the Mini, you're not going to be able to use either watch, you're limited to using Earthmate on your phone. But i will say i have not regretted moving to the mini. And no, the Garmin watches all have a proprietary charging/syncing plug. The usb mini won't work.

rob

boom

WKR
i'm not a tech person.

"mini"? mini what? i cant click that link until i get home..work is no-go

EDIT* NEVERMIND - the other thread cleared that up. phew! hahahha.

frankrb3

WKR
"Also great if your buddy texts you from the other side of the ridge letting you know there is a big bull heading your way!"

This would be illegal in Montana with this device. Not sure about every other state but make sure you check your hunting regulations before using this watch or any kind of electronic communicator to relay the position or movement of game.

This should probably be deleted from the write up and not advertised as a feature but everyone is ultimately responsible for knowing and following the laws pertaining to the area they are hunting in.

Cool watch though, been thinking of getting it.

Last edited:

myerz28

FNG

boom

WKR
I got one yesterday!

Wore it surf fishing and now mtn biking today. I never realized my heart rate while riding. Interesting. Now I know what red line while climbing up a mountain is. Curious to see if it improves through the the summer.

Seems easy to navigate so far.