Bino harness

NJFikkert

FNG
Hey all. First of all new to Rokslide. Lurked for a while and decided to join in.

On to the real stuff. Looking for a bino harness. I have Swarovski 8x30 and am considering the Mystery Ranch or the Alaskan Guide creations cub max. I definitely want some pockets and such for organization so that is why I am not looking at the Sitka model or other more minimalist designs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nathan

I love my AGC harness. I can carry enough in it that on short morning bow hunts it's all I carry in for whitetail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jolemons

WKR
AGC for storage. Fhf for minimalism and streamlined design. HPG kit bag with bino pouch mounted on PALS for storage and keeping handgun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
I like my Mystery Ranch harness it has plenty of storage for me. The only downside is the magnetic closure. If your harness is open and the magnets get too close they will close with an audible pop, I make sure to tuck it into the harness and pay attention when I am closing it to prevent this.

OP
NJFikkert

NJFikkert

FNG
I definitely want some storage capability so like was previously mentioned I could maybe stop carrying my fanny pack on morning and afternoon sits for whitetails. Thanks for the input.

jolemons

WKR
I definitely want some storage capability so like was previously mentioned I could maybe stop carrying my fanny pack on morning and afternoon sits for whitetails. Thanks for the input.
Hpg Recon with bino pouch would be close to fanny plus bino pouch in terms of of capacity

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
You can fit a stupid amount of gear into an AGC, especially one with a basement. I don't use mine because of this however, if you can take the weight, they are awesome. I prefer a more streamlined bino harness

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Marsupial bino harness! I switched from my AGC KISS to the marsupial because it's more streamlined and fits my 8x30s better. If you want to store more things, the AGC was a nice system. I'm leaner in build, and found the AGC kept shifting downward on my chest as I hiked.

The Muley Freak has a pocket in front. The AGC is better made.

Maybe your experience has been different but while I really liked the harness and front pocket on the Muley Freak, I found the back pocket unusable because it was so tight, and also couldn't ever easily slip binos back into the main pocket without two hands and a bunch of horsing around. I ended up in the AGC for that reason.

JohnnyB

WKR
I just switched from FHF to the new Badlands harness. I also have an Eberlestock Nosegunner and HPG. The Badlands is the most comfortable for me. The FHF was okay but the straps rubbed my neck. I love the Badlands rangefinder pouch on the bottom.

Lots of options out there and lots of personal preferences. Good luck.

bat-cave

WKR
+1 for the AGC Litt;e Cub. I love the storage options. I added an FHF GPS holder that rides on the Left side. I use the case that camer with my Sig Rangefinder on the right and this means you have lots of storage left over!

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for AGC
Just be careful not to let the good idea fairy fill it full of crap you don't need

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
Totally recommend AGC! . I have the classic and they hold my Swaro 10x42 el’s nice and snug. Then the small front pouch for knife and ferro Rod. Two tiny side punches carry 4 small lengths of parra cord that I use to tie my deer on my quad and a couple fire starters. Then there is the rear zipper pouch that sits tight to your chest. In there is some paper towels and my hunting tags/license which is kept dry in a ziplock bag.

tonedover

FNG
AGC kodiak Cub hybrid max - exclusive to blackovis.com x kodiak cub but instead of the little zippers on the sode it has the strechy mesh pockets like the KISS

Maybe your experience has been different but while I really liked the harness and front pocket on the Muley Freak, I found the back pocket unusable because it was so tight, and also couldn't ever easily slip binos back into the main pocket without two hands and a bunch of horsing around. I ended up in the AGC for that reason.

I used the MF for one season and it’s in the closet now. I used the back pocket for my tag. I also had a problem with the harness folding when trying to put my binos back. I also had a issue with the neck strap rubbing. Overall the ACG is a better harness imo.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Alaskan Guide denali. I carry a big 20x56 bino for glassing and it distributes the weight well. Also has a bottom pocket for my rangefinder and side pockets for a wind checker and something else, plus a tag/ID pocket on the back. Size is overkill for my 8x42s but works just fine

I’ve been running a Badlands with my Swaro 7x30’s for 20+ years with no complaints.
I was recently given a Mystery Ranch bino harness and found it lets a lot of water and debris in the sides with no way to drain.