let's discuss your folding knife. the one with you Right now :D

A Spyderco Para3 Carbon Fibre in S90V.
I cycle about 10 other different spydercos depending on the activity i'm doing that day.

Leatherman Fuse that the blade is almost worn out on and the pliers joint is getting sloppy. Carried it for 13 or 14 years almost everyday. Great piece of gear.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
D2 Benchmade Mini Griptillian my wife got me when I graduated from college 13 years ago. I think it ony cost $70 or so at that point in time.

I carry a blade all day every day. Benchmade griptilian is going strong after 12 years with great results. Ive beheaded a dozen or so turkeys, cleaned a few brook trout ,and opened many beers with the spine of the griptilian and I like. Ive been using the Buck Vantage quite a bit the last few years and its a great blade as well. The buck is slowly taking over as my EDC actually.

Last edited:
Benchmade Mini Griptillian. This one has the half-serrated blade. The serration is kind of handy when cutting paracord or rope, but I think I would just go with the regular blade if I were to do it again.

5001craig

FNG
I have a problem with knives. I need to get on a program. I've got a bunch--actually tell myself I "collect" them. Lol

Work knife is a BM Grip with CPM-M4 blade. Had new scales done for it--I like the deep carry clips. I work this one pretty hard.

View attachment 82540

20130410_180355.jpg

Not working I like to carry my BM Barrage with M390 blade. Sent the blade to Paul Farner at Paul Bos Heat Treating and had them bump-up the Rockwell. Had it de-assisted (opened in my pocket when removing it a couple times). Then had scales made from a material I sent the guy. Looks a lot different now then when I got it. I really like this knife.

benchmade 681 barrage 8.jpg

benchmade 681 barrage 3.jpg

I've also lost a few nice ones.

OP
B

boom

WKR
update. i got my Benchmade back from service. the thing is so sharp!! sharper than it EVER has been. they appeared to have thinned my blade a bit, or leaned the angle back a tiny bit. the bevel is perfect on both sides..a far cry better than i have been treating it on my waterstones.

i just boxed up my Bugout and sent it in for the lifesharp treatment. i got my bugout used and the belly i cannot get to the point of perfection. i'll let them set the bevels and try to maintain them from my end.

my coworker just got his new Spiderco P-2 and it is the sharpest out of the box folder i have ever seen. it feels like a brandnew box cutter blade.

Shraggs

WKR
Depends on how I'm dressed. In a suit spyderco man bug or kershaw onion. Causal spyderco dragonfly or kershaw serrated scallion.

ScottinPA

WKR
Always have a cheap small Case folding lockback on me. Big enough to do most cutting chores but small enough for pocket and cheap enough that if it gets lost or broken it's no big deal.

Been wanting one of these for a long time. Finally treated myself after paying some stuff off this year. My new daily carry.
33c2a81a5fe18e4be59ff44281af928e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a SOG multitool every day with a pocket clip. it a little bit smaller than a standard full size multitool but still big enough to actually use. I love it.

My EDC since 1998 has been Leatherman wave. Some day I might find something I like better but it’s a hard act to follow.
From about 1986 to 1998 I carried an original Leatherman.
From 1979 through 1986 I carried a Buck Colt stockman that my father gave me for Christmas.
Pre-1979 I would Cary my fathers Victorinox single blade or my grandfathers Remington Barlow pattern when I was in the field working with them. Both of those knives have a special place on the shelf now.