let's discuss your folding knife. the one with you Right now :D

boom

WKR
i know you have a knife on you.

we can talk hunting knives to death. no problemo. i looked, not a lot of chatter about folders..the lowly EDC. (not so lowly for some of you).

i've been working in the field (civil engineer) some more lately. short handed here. i dusted off my first Benchmade. i bought it back in the year 2000, and it is a bruiser. we were REQUIRED to carry a knife while working in a tunnel. in a fire, we have to cut thru thick thick canvas to safety. i was happy to have the partial serrations; which i never buy these days.

i had to send this one back to Benchmade to see if they thought the hinge was loose. it barely wiggled...they sent back a letter describing the pivot as "critical!"..i was blown away at what they considered critical. haha..it came back ROCK SOLID. it felt like a fixed blade upon its return.

i love this thing. its kinda ugly, since purple is my most hated color. i bought it stupidly from the most expensive knife store on the planet. the one at pier 39 in San Fransisco. the seller talked me into the Spyderco Sharpmaker at the same time..i blew thru my college money that day. idiot. (still have both!!)

i dont own a lot of knives..only two benchmades.

Attachments

• benchie.jpg
    benchie.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 272
This spring i upgraded my EDC knife after carrying a cheap one for quite some time. I chose a Benchmade Mini barrage with the G10 handle. Solid little knife.

Savage99

WKR
Spyderco Tenacious with full flat grind. Coming up on 5 years clipped to the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
You know, I EDC'ed a nice folder and a small leatherman everyday for YEARS and found myself very rarely using either. Last year I switched my EDC to a small Victorinox swiss army knife that I keep razor sharp. I find it meets every need I could have on a daily basis when I am out and about. I also carry a small 1-AAA flashlight for o-light and my carry weapon and a bundle of cards (credit, ID, etc) in my other front pocket. That's my entire EDC.

I found this one about 7 or 8 years ago and although it’s not the color I would have picked, it was free. Also made in the good old USA.
139274b535dd2ec7775a4a06422674e6.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I keep a small cheap folder on me all the time. But it mostly only gets used for opening mail/packages etc. Don't need a knife much on a daily basis except for that.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Spyderco Resilience. Great knife, holds an edge well and not too expensive.

OP
B

boom

WKR
You know, I EDC'ed a nice folder and a small leatherman everyday for YEARS and found myself very rarely using either. Last year I switched my EDC to a small Victorinox swiss army knife that I keep razor sharp. I find it meets every need I could have on a daily basis when I am out and about. I also carry a small 1-AAA flashlight for o-light and my carry weapon and a bundle of cards (credit, ID, etc) in my other front pocket. That's my entire EDC.

LOVE it!!

my usual knife is a SAK Farmer. and i carry a 2 AA flashlight in my manbag full time. :)

EastMT

WKR
A few years ago I was in Portland around thanksgiving. Found out Kershaw factory had a factory seconds sale. I went down for a knife or 2. Turns out they were so cheap, I came out with a grocery store sack full. I gave them out for Christmas, birthdays, all kinds of stuff. This is my favorite blade of them all.
322bb91b3dfd77af8bbe32fcc1433e82.jpg

AGPank

WKR
I recently upgraded kitchen knives and through the process started paying closer attention to blade steel. I’ve been working at airports (new construction) since 2002, so got out of the habit of a pocket knife.

I started adding this Spyderco Manix 2 to my briefcase. Great blade shape, many steel choices.

It would be a little big for pocket carry, the Native5 is similar profile but slightly smaller. I have one of those too, but this is with me daily now.
3e5aba55e555d96ee804cc6fdc467a8e.jpg

Savage99

WKR
I recently upgraded kitchen knives and through the process started paying closer attention to blade steel. I’ve been working at airports (new construction) since 2002, so got out of the habit of a pocket knife.

I started adding this Spyderco Manix 2 to my briefcase. Great blade shape, many steel choices.

It would be a little big for pocket carry, the Native5 is similar profile but slightly smaller. I have one of those too, but this is with me daily now.
3e5aba55e555d96ee804cc6fdc467a8e.jpg

Can’t go wrong with S30V. Nice knife.

wesfromky

WKR
Currently a Benchmade North Fork, but going to order a southern grid spider monkey or bad monkey here pretty soon.

BCSteel

FNG
Benchmade small Summit. Picked it up a couple years ago when the local Cabelas was dropping that particular knife. It doesn't get used very much but it's small enough to forget it's there and big enough to get some work done when I need it so it's with me all the time.

ShakeDown

WKR
I have a lot of knives.

Too many.

Some of my favorites to carry, Benchmade 940-1, Benchmade Doug Ritter edition Griptilian, Spyderco Super Leaf, Spyderco Paramilitary 2 etc etc.

Also, +1 for the Spyderco Manix... I have two. The lightweight edition in s110v is a sweet carry blade. I also have a sprint run Cru-Wear in gray g-10 that’s a looker.

Probably my favorite carry blade is a Spyderco Dragonfly, in foliage green g-10.

Rs3003

WKR
I carry a Case knife model 225 I feel lost when I forget it. Case knife, Bradford PA. Case and zippo are made in same building.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a Benchmade bugout and although the handle is extremely light, it disappears in your pocket which is what I wanted.