FHF vs Marsupial

Felix40

WKR
The marsupial is pretty noisy. Mine even squeeks when I walk now. The inside material is too loud to use the binos on a stalk and the outside is super loud in the brush. Besides the noise I think its a perfect harness.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both and went with the FHF. I have 34/35 length sleeve arms and I still had the magnets affecting at an arms length away with my compass. Most of the time I am good with my location in the wood, but if I ever would be lost I need to rely on my compass and can't deal with it throwing off my location.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
Same problem with the magnets here. I set compass on desk and approached it with the Marsupial and could see the needle move from at least 3 feet away. I have the fhf now and like how the lid actually seals across the top of the eyecups, instead of bridging across at an angle, leaving a gap for dust to get on eyepieces like the Marsupial. I did like the semi- rigid back of the Marsupial, so I modded my fhf. I took a plastic lid from a small tote, and cut a piece the size of the rear pocket of the fhf, and wedged it in the pocket. Works perfectly to add structure to the fhf. My binos have grippy armor, and the rigidity makes them go in and out much easier.

YBPS

WKR
I like the FHF because it flips up and you can tuck the flap between your chest and the harness if you want to leave it open.

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
The FHF is soild, however for my Leica geovid HD-Bs the marsupial is so much easier getting them in and out...

Wright406

WKR
I’ve had FHF, AGC (2 of them) , Alps outdoors and now the Marsupial. I will say it will be hard to switch me from Marsupial. The features are great and customer service is stellar. Along with pride. For less than 100$ you can get the bino harness and rangefinder holder. Most packs I think ( don’t quote me) are almost 100$ for just the pack. Marsupial is not noisy either as far as closure (most people’s complaints). Good luck with deciding. They are both great. I just prefer the Marsupial.

Brendan

WKR
Magnets have affected both my compass, and the internal compass in my phone. Forget to hold it out away from your body, take a wrong heading, and it's a giant pain in the a** so I won't use anything with a magnetic closure.

AGC for me currently because my rangefinder fits in the front pocket.

Yes the magnets will pull the compass needle. I've personally found at arms length away I don't have any issues so it's definitely something to check yourself when wearing the harness. I've heard it's less of an issue in the Gen 2 marsupial

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Agreed, same thing here. Just have to hold it further away.

Pacohunts

FNG
How do they compare in size?
Do the fhf ride higher? Which ones more comfortable? Also the new FOB seems like the best of both worlds but at $180 seems crazy.