Head

kickemall

WKR
BD Revolt, has the best light for walking I've ever used, spot beam and red lights, rechargeable and also can run off regular batts. One of the few things I use that I don't look for something better.

I just got a Black Diamond Storm. White/red/green and i think it goes blue. Spot and flood light. Crazy bright. Able to dim down to any level. Best headlamp Ive ever bought. Have a small ptec for backup.
765def4bf5d8b84b6b9d0101fbe18028.jpg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Beendare great information. I have been using the Black Diamond Revolt now for the past 3 years. Originally purchased because I needed a new headlamp and had similar parameters to yours although less scientific. I have been very happy to this point with the headlamp and the recharge feature is still working well which was one of the most important features to me so I didn't have to buy lithium batteries constantly. I'm not in need of the headlamp now that hunting season is over and for curiosity's sake I would happily send it to you for testing. I'm sure its a notch below the Fenix and about the same price although 3 years of battery technology older will probably make the difference.

LostArra

WKR
Fenix all the way for many years. Tried others but I like everything about Fenix especially models with two top buttons.

I did a little informal headlamp testing. I was recently on hunt and had one of my Princeton Tec headlamps take a dump on me. No worries it was probably 12 years old and I always carry a spare. So I got to thinking instead of just replacing it with the same model....

In my opinion you can never have too many lamps. If you gaven’t already, try returning your broken Princeton to the factory. Iven if you find a another light you are happier with, a repaired/replaced Princeton would always be a great spare.

jmden

WKR
Really...? Just ordered the newer Storm a couple of days ago...you're a day late! :) Been using the older model for a few years and liked the fact that new one has the memory function of turning back on at the level of light you had it on when you turned if off. A nice convenience feature. The Storms have a lock so they will not come on in your pack.

LostArra

WKR
Yeah, they have a good reputation.

Well now I'm curious, I have 2 Zebras on their way as I want to see them side by side with the others. [H600w mkIII XHP35 neutral white and the highest CRI H53c]

The hunting rejects can always replace the Home depot flashlights in my kids cars..../Grin

I tried Zebras. Extremely well built lights but they just couldn't dislodge the Fenix lights from my pack. In fact I just remembered I've got one sitting in a drawer that I should sell.

NDGuy

WKR
I love my HLR60. Spendy but it was a gift, though after using it I would probably buy it myself. Red light, 5 brightness settings and takes rechargeable 18650 batteries.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
After reading this, all I could think about was that Planet Fitness commercial with a variation to it........"I push the button.....and light comes on.........I push the button and light goes off". YouTube

I'm sure glad I'm not a light nerd. I've used my headlamp once in the last few years, and that was to break down a bull in the dark. Otherwise I use my mini-flashlight with my fingers over the end of it for just enough light to hike in and out in the dark.

jmden

WKR
After reading this, all I could think about was that Planet Fitness commercial with a variation to it........"I push the button.....and light comes on.........I push the button and light goes off". YouTube

I'm sure glad I'm not a light nerd. I've used my headlamp once in the last few years, and that was to break down a bull in the dark. Otherwise I use my mini-flashlight with my fingers over the end of it for just enough light to hike in and out in the dark.

Wow, 5, you need to be 'converted'! ;)