suggest a LWT tarp

handwerk

WKR
Both my sons spend a fair amount of time in the backcountry and I'm thinking about getting each of them a LWT tarp fo Chrismas, say 8'x8' or so, any suggestions on a quality affordable one...

I’m not sure what a LWT tarp is.... but I’ve got a Bearpaw Designs 8’x10’ flat tarp that I use on occasion. Quality seems good and it was reasonably priced. He offers several sizes and I’d definitely buy another one if this one ever disappears.

For a smaller more personal sized tarp I run a Kifaru Sheep Tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go 10'x10'. Seems to be a great all around size for weight/emergency/primary shelter.

Look at the SeekOutside DST
Cooke Custom Sewing makes a good product as well.

Aqua Quest for a heavier/heavy duty option
Buschcraft Outfitters for a cheaper option, but decently made
Bearpaw as mentioned above
Borah Gear...

To clarify - I only have experience with the Seek, Cooke, and Bushcraft ones. Just pointing out companies that make tarps.

I have the DST and my dad has a 10x10 Cook - and its great quality as well.

I have the Bushcrat MEST tarp which is 5x8 that I just have in my pack for day hiking so it hasn't really been used other than an occasional rain storm where I throw it over me.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
DD Hammocks (a UK company) makes what many people consider a benchmark quality tarp. You may want to check them out. This is the link to their web site, but you can get them on Amazon.

All tarps

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
Square tarps are the most versatile for different pitching options. 10X10 is my preferred size for overall versatility. The best tarps I have experience with a Cook Custom Sewing and Bearpaw Wilderness designs. I have also used Bushcraft Outfitters and Etowah Outfitters and they are nice tarps as well but CCS and BWD had an edge on them.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04