suggest a LWT tarp

handwerk

WKR
Both my sons spend a fair amount of time in the backcountry and I'm thinking about getting each of them a LWT tarp fo Chrismas, say 8'x8' or so, any suggestions on a quality affordable one...

I’m not sure what a LWT tarp is.... but I’ve got a Bearpaw Designs 8’x10’ flat tarp that I use on occasion. Quality seems good and it was reasonably priced. He offers several sizes and I’d definitely buy another one if this one ever disappears.

For a smaller more personal sized tarp I run a Kifaru Sheep Tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go 10'x10'. Seems to be a great all around size for weight/emergency/primary shelter.

Look at the SeekOutside DST
Cooke Custom Sewing makes a good product as well.

Aqua Quest for a heavier/heavy duty option
Buschcraft Outfitters for a cheaper option, but decently made
Bearpaw as mentioned above
Borah Gear...

To clarify - I only have experience with the Seek, Cooke, and Bushcraft ones. Just pointing out companies that make tarps.

I have the DST and my dad has a 10x10 Cook - and its great quality as well.

I have the Bushcrat MEST tarp which is 5x8 that I just have in my pack for day hiking so it hasn't really been used other than an occasional rain storm where I throw it over me.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
DD Hammocks (a UK company) makes what many people consider a benchmark quality tarp. You may want to check them out. This is the link to their web site, but you can get them on Amazon.

All tarps

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
Square tarps are the most versatile for different pitching options. 10X10 is my preferred size for overall versatility. The best tarps I have experience with a Cook Custom Sewing and Bearpaw Wilderness designs. I have also used Bushcraft Outfitters and Etowah Outfitters and they are nice tarps as well but CCS and BWD had an edge on them.