Handgun carrying

XrayDoc88

FNG
Yes I do believe the drop panel is the agression panel. When you order holster first they give you $10 off on panel. There are only 3 choices for panel color and it matches up with the agression panel selections.

Will see for sure when it shows up ;-)
Paul

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I noticed the $10 off and the same color choices as well. I hope we're both correct that it's the same thing, just named differently. Let us know if we're wrong. :(

A shop about 30 mins away from me is a dealer for gunfighters. I guess they carry everything. I'll try and stop by and do some man holster modeling for you guys.

(That doesn't sound right)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
A shop about 30 mins away from me is a dealer for gunfighters. I guess they carry everything. I'll try and stop by and do some man holster modeling for you guys.

(That doesn't sound right)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No it doesn't

I just did a mod to my KUIU harness to be able to have a chest rig. I sewed on bottom loops so you can use the one made for the FHF gear harness. If I remember tonight I will post some pictures. I also think you could make a minor modification to make the Razco universal one work.

epicaaron

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a Kuiu bino harness over a gunfighters Kenai with a G20 longslide and it worked really well - for me there was enough adjustment in both the bino harness and the Kenai so that I could get everything snug without having any straps in the way for a right hand draw. FWIW I have used the Kenai a bunch and have been very happy with both retention, stability while running, and ability to wear the system under a heavy pack.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
I noticed the $10 off and the same color choices as well. I hope we're both correct that it's the same thing, just named differently. Let us know if we're wrong. :(
We were correct...the drop panel listed at end of holster is correct.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It works perfect under an AGC!
d1fa8b16dd3cfc9666c3130e3da873b7.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is how I carry mine as well, g20 in a Kenai then the AGC over it works pretty well. It gets a little busy when carrying a pack but oh well.

Jardo

WKR
I carry my ruger sp101 22lr on my belt with low noise 22lr rounds in the wheel. I pop a dozen or so pine hens every year while elk or deer hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EZDoesit

FNG
Is anybody using a Hill People Gear kit bag /chest rig to carry ? I keep thinking about getting one

I own the kit bag v2 and love it. Room for an easily accessible pistol in the rear compartment and binos in front compartment. They just released a great looking new option though . . . A bino case that mounts to the front of their recon chest bag via Molle. Their gear isn’t cheap but I have several items and all very top notch construction.

nrh6.7

WKR
This is how I carry mine as well, g20 in a Kenai then the AGC over it works pretty well. It gets a little busy when carrying a pack but oh well.

Would you post a picture of how the Kenai looks from the front under the AGC? I keep thinking the bino harness straps would be in the way of quick access.

ETA: didn't realize this pic was a Kenai, but appears to have a strap over the hammer. Wondering if that is problematic or not.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ordered a Razco to go under my Marsupial Gear bino harness- this is exactly the style of rigging I was looking for- I think the gentleman from Bozeman is going to do pretty well his design

PcQ0W4X.jpg

BAKPAKR

WKR
I used to carry a short barreled S&W 629 in a Bianchi cross draw holster on the belt of my day pack. With the weight on the belt, I hardly knew it was there but I could get it out very quickly. I once missed a black bear with my recurve, and when the arrow hit some rocks behind him, he started running in a path at about a 45 degree angle from me. I don’t really recall how my bow got to the ground but I was able to draw my revolver, fire and drop the bear.

I am taking a S&W 460V to Wyoming for moose this year. If the stars align and the turnaround time is as posted on the Diamond D website, it will be in a Guides Choice holster.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
received my Razco for my S&W 69, shown attached with my FHF harness (front/rear) and a pic on

comfortable and sidearm is readily available and easy to draw, no interference with the operation of the bino harness- appears they may have a winner :)

3TipFxO.jpg

Ha6J7fE.jpg

ilIZpn4.jpg

received my Razco for my S&W 69, shown attached with my FHF harness (front/rear) and a pic on

comfortable and sidearm is readily available and easy to draw, no interference with the operation of the bino harness- appears they may have a winner :)

3TipFxO.jpg

Ha6J7fE.jpg

ilIZpn4.jpg
Nice.

Can you buy different holsters to screw to the mount?

Also, how is it with a backpack on and strapped? Any pics of that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi- I believe you can, but better check with them to be sure

Got to use it last week on a backcountry bison hunt; it was on my person all waking hours (big time grizzly country) It carried great with a fully loaded pack

SSlsPfF.jpg

Ld3m8UT.jpg

This Dude seem to approve of my paddle style holster, stays put very well and I can easily transfer it to my pants if I drop the pack for an extended period of time or back at the truck.

ofV182rl.jpg

A system I am thinking about trying is the Arbor Arms Jeburgh Nut Ruck 2.0 (I think) essentially it is a fanny pack that can hold the gear most hold in the bino harness (I prefer a simple x harness since I end up using my binos a lot more) and also has a holster built into the back of the nut ruck that holds the pistol in the same type position as appendix carry.

I think it may work well for removing Glock 20 from the holster on my packs belt, and putting on the nut ruck anytime I drop my pack. I think it would solve my bino issue, carrying the hunting/survival gear issue, and sidearm at all times.