Non-Resident's Guide to Hunting Alaska, by Matt Wymer

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Alaskan-High-Country.jpg

Does an out-of-state hunt to Alaska seem too daunting to undertake? There are so many things to figure out when traveling to a place like Alaska that I think it detours a lot of people from taking the leap and heading north (one of the reasons I haven't made it up yet). Like any big excursion, a hunting trip to Alaska from the lower 48 or elsewhere is going to take a lot of research and planning which I believe should be started well in advance of your trip. With that in mind, now is the time to start the process if you're thinking of going for it in the next year or two. A great place to start is with Matt Wymer's Non-Resident's Guide to Hunting Alaska.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corhunter

FNG
Thanks for the post. I’m moving to AK in May. I know I’ll be considered non-res for a while. Do you happen to know how long it takes to be considered resident?

Rich M

WKR
Thanks for the post. I’m moving to AK in May. I know I’ll be considered non-res for a while. Do you happen to know how long it takes to be considered resident?
Probably a year. Then you get all the goodies.

I just want to go up there and fish for a summer.

Takes one year. I just moved up here from Idaho. Moved to Palmer it’s beautiful…. I’ll be a resident end of august. The darkness takes some getting used to. But it’s a small sacrifice to be able to hunt dall sheep OTC.

Followed that link but had to close out and come back to it later - some sort of redirect happened at that point and it brought me to a spammy website that had an alert about my phone being compromised…

Tried closing it and clicked the link again - here is the website I was brought to:

Attachments

• IMG_9250.png
    IMG_9250.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 7