Don't believe everything you see in Instagram etc(poaching)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions and judge with little to no information of what actually happened. In all honesty how does AG receiving a citation on the other side of the world affect most people here? Wait until the courts decide if he is guilty or innocent then feel free to cast shame onto him if you feel it absolutely necessary. Ultimately if someone unintentionally breaks the law I hold no hard feelings towards them. It happens to the best of us. Hope this is all it was. I'll form an opinion when I get more information. Until then....
Everyone is following this because this is one of Cam Hanes big buddies. Without that tie in, no one would care. I still don't care. Never heard of this idiot til this thread popped up. Besides, no one should be naive enough to believe the innocent til proven guilty narrative. Everyone knows you get tried in the court of public opinion first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Has there been any update to this? At one point I thought I saw his court dates got pushed to September, but it appears he still hasn't made his way back to Australia. Was it dropped?

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Man, everything I’ve seen about Adam Greentree is nothing but a badass hunter that cares about people and conservation. Not to mention he’s a family man through and through. I’ll absolutely wait to pass judgement and I hope this stuff isn’t true. Guys get hate when they’ve made it to the top... And no doubt Adam Greentree is at the top of bowhunting. And he’s one hard mofo. If you’ve kept up with him you’d be hard pressed to say otherwise. In the words of Taylor Swift “Haters gonna hate, hate, hate hate, hate...”

Yes I just quoted Taylor Swift in a hunting forum. No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling out a poacher isn't hating. Yeah his court date got pushed to March of 2019. I wonder what Moutain Ops, Hoyt, and Under Armour will say when he gets charged. Sorry but innocent people don't keep delaying court and leave their home country to avoid their charges. jpuckett it doesn't take a badass to partake in a bunch of paid for guided hunts or shoot animals in national parks

TheTone

WKR
I've seen two absolutely convicted poachers post pictures of the animals they poached within the last month. Both cases were older, one about 10 years and the other two years. Takes a pretty classy guy to post pictures of animals that got you revoked...Gotta get them likes!

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Ive said before Australia isn't US, we have almost a culture of poaching working in the shadows because enforcement has been so lax. I could point people to a dozen social media pages of guys who promote clean ethical hunting and all that jazz that are prolific poachers, some of whom have been caught. One that comes to mind is bigger than AG in that world.

There's a guy i hunted with up until recently that openly admitted he poaches private property with a bow. I could report him but if you've read the thread up to now you'll see what come of my last report to our game department of poaching i.e. nothing.

To even be pursued in Australia you don't have to be a bad poacher, you have to be so bad that police are sick of having reports of the same guy doing it.

Australia is a nanny state, AG will be convicted but i imagine he'll do a deal to plead guilty without receiving a conviction or something pathetic like that. It's most definietly going to be nothing like the fines you see in the states though, and probably no loss of privileges.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Fact of the matter is in my lifetime I've seen the dynamics of hunting change. When i was a kid I'd never heard the term "trophy hunting". People just hunted deer kept the antlers and ate the meat.

In my opinion the advent of social media and boom in hunting mags along with higher numbers of deer brought in more of what I'll call shooters. Now, the majority and i really do mean majority are guys that shoot males for antlers and leave the rest to rot. There's no requirement to salvage any meat whatsoever and people have no qualms about leaving it. To justify it they'll say it's ok because they're non native, damaging to the environment without a single notion or care about either of those things. To them it's just the argument they hear people say and know they can make. My passion, education, career and life has revolved around hunting and environment. It's something i understand more than the average hunter or shooter. So i have in the past argued with these people actual facts but it goes straight over their head. At that point i realised it's a culture of indifference and greed here. We want to kill and value life only as much as the bone on an animals head can be used as a tool for fame and acknowledgment. The fact that's it's not only condoned but celebrated makes me so ashamed of where we've ended up.

Gobbler36

WKR
Fact of the matter is in my lifetime I've seen the dynamics of hunting change. When i was a kid I'd never heard the term "trophy hunting". People just hunted deer kept the antlers and ate the meat.

In my opinion the advent of social media and boom in hunting mags along with higher numbers of deer brought in more of what I'll call shooters. Now, the majority and i really do mean majority are guys that shoot males for antlers and leave the rest to rot. There's no requirement to salvage any meat whatsoever and people have no qualms about leaving it. To justify it they'll say it's ok because they're non native, damaging to the environment without a single notion or care about either of those things. To them it's just the argument they hear people say and know they can make. My passion, education, career and life has revolved around hunting and environment. It's something i understand more than the average hunter or shooter. So i have in the past argued with these people actual facts but it goes straight over their head. At that point i realised it's a culture of indifference and greed here. We want to kill and value life only as much as the bone on an animals head can be used as a tool for fame and acknowledgment. The fact that's it's not only condoned but celebrated makes me so ashamed of where we've ended up.

I know of 2 years in a row where Australia guys have shot elk here in Idaho in the same spot and have just packed out there head and left the rest lay, had a buddy confront one at the trailhead. It’s pretty disgusting

I know of 2 years in a row where Australia guys have shot elk here in Idaho in the same spot and have just packed out there head and left the rest lay, had a buddy confront one at the trailhead. It’s pretty disgusting

That is reprehensible. I can't imagine, running into that. So disheartening.

TheTone

WKR

I'm hoping you turned them in. Statute of limitations is at least five years

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, i truly hope they copped it. I honestly could not tell you how many headless deer carcasses I've found. All i can say is it far outweighs the number of carcasses with recovered meat.

One thing i did notice which was kind of the final straw for me with social media is how in vogue it's become to care about meat because of guys like rinella. I've always been passionate about game meat since i was a kid and i love seeing it promoted but again the idea has become tool for acknowledgement. I can't remember if I've already mentioned it here or on another thread but i once cooked venisom for a guy while out hunting who clearly had that repulsed look of someone that doesn't eat it or like it. Once it became cool to show how you utilise meat he started putting meat removal videos all over his social media. I know he feeds it to his dogs but i also know he doesn't eat it.

We only have wanton waste laws for breast meat of ducks, nevertheless each year it makes the news that a pit or plastic bags dumped on the side of a road has been found with 50-100 whole ducks igniting the debate to join half of Australia's states with a ban.

Dinger

WKR
Looks like he got found guilty

Are you jumping the string there?.....Not due in court until the 11th of this month if those dates are current and the hearing hasn't been deferred again.

I really hope this goes nowhere, but it doesn't look good at the moment.
Edit
Turns out he pleaded guilty.....he had his last hurrah in the US and comes home to take a slap on the wrist. All the while knowing he was guilty.

By association he has dragged a lot of hunters down to his level.
End edit

Having someone of his profile and influence outed as a law breaker will not be good for us in NSW or even Australia. Legally hunting in New South Wales National Parks could be a reality one day, but if he's convicted and it gets enough media air time, it will surely derail all efforts to date.

Last edited:

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider

If you watch “solohunter” with Remi he clearly shows the cabin log books in New Zealand where someone writes they shot like 8 shami and recovered 2. Totally different mindset of these guys over there hunting “non-natives”.

jspradley

WKR
If you watch “solohunter” with Remi he clearly shows the cabin log books in New Zealand where someone writes they shot like 8 shami and recovered 2. Totally different mindset of these guys over there hunting “non-natives”.

Very true but they need to leave it over there.