2020-2024 Colorado Big Game Season Structure Info

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
There is a Wyoming G&F proposal to have elk draw results come out in May - like deer & antelope do.
Same time as Colorado

That would put a damper on lots of 'Plan B's', maybe even overload MORE OTC units in Colorado

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
elkelkgoose you are delusional. Non resident fees have gone up the last few years. CPW also screwed the pooch when they miss listed the non-resident desert bighorn fee (They have admitted to it). Half of their cost you just listed is because of their merger with parks. If you think they honestly listen at the meetings you are also delusional those are just feel good therapy sessions that fall on deaf ears. Maybe you should get out in the field more instead of hanging at CPW offices so you can see how they are mismanaging our resources.

Not even worth the effort.

elkduds

WKR
After reading all of this thread, which is entertaining BTW, there is something missing here. Which is, CPW only answers to state voters and the legislators they select. Even the BOD are appointees by elected officials. So anything that displeases the majority of CO voters will eventually be reflected in CPW policy/budget. Examples: spring bear hunt, bait, ongoing efforts to increase resident license fees. Residents are the CPW's boss, nonresidents are its customers. Watch election results Tuesday to see the will of CO voters.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR

sneaky

"DADDY"
Going to get real crowded in Idaho....
ae4d8502a0d36f29f66705b1d9b4c934.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Not really. Idaho already limits their NR tags. Just as MT and WY do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
False, you can put in for a PP for your first choice and then draw a tag with your second choice, thus not using your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they make the draws a first choice only option though, you're screwed

sneaky

"DADDY"
Again, very ignorant statement. The commodity is tag allocations, and CPW could set them high enough that (if they wanted) almost everyone could get one. They could also curtail if they needed to for whatever reason.

And, you are basically making my point for draw tags. There are way more hunters than there used to be and way more pressure on elk populations and their biological components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was talking about moose, you're talking about elk. Now, want to talk about ignorant?

dkime

WKR
The link I have posted below takes you to the USFWS historical data for license sales sorted throughout the years. I'm going to refrain from adding anything to the conversation other than the link, and the thought that based on the statistics it will be a Very interesting to see what direction these government agencies move in the next few years.

USFWS- WSFR Historical License Data

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The link I have posted below takes you to the USFWS historical data for license sales sorted throughout the years. I'm going to refrain from adding anything to the conversation other than the link, and the thought that based on the statistics it will be a Very interesting to see what direction these government agencies move in the next few years.

USFWS- WSFR Historical License Data

I’m curious what you’re reading into these stats. CO has fewer total tag holders than they did 30 years ago. Those holders have a few more tags, but number of people in the field doesn’t seem to be growing. Am I missing something?

BTW, thanks for the link. Fun to play with some of those figures.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Would it be easy to predict the season dates for 2020 based on the past four years? I’m debating cashing points in on a Muzzy elk hunt and the 2019 season dates look pretty good at the moment...
Thanks.