Weaverville California Deer Hunting

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
So like I have said before I have mainly done out of state hunting except for B zone in trinity. My dad and I are going to hunt trinity when season opens September 15th but we also want to catch the tail end of A zone Weaverville hunting season. Please help point me in the right direction. Also I have heard there is a lot of pig and deer in Weaverville and some bear. What are your hunting experiences in Weaverville? Any info will be greatly appreciated and put to good use

A zone isn’t anywhere near Weaverville. I’ve heard of the occasional pig but I definitely wouldn’t expect to see any around there. Lots of bears around there.

530Chukar

WKR
You seem to be a bit confused. Are you thinking the archery only tag? There are no pigs anywhere near weaverville. Almost as many bear as deer now. The deer are the same places now as they will be for the rifle opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idig4au

WKR
I don’t think you’ll find much love of where to go hunting in the B zone on an open forum. Only way is learn an area and figure out how to hunt it. It part of hunting and the experience. Never seen a pig in that neck of the woods.

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry guys I got mixed up with Mendocino lol. SOorry. I want to hunt Weaverville in trinity county

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
The town of Mendocino is on the coast and not really a viable hunting area unless you have access to private land, but the county of Mendocino is big and encompasses a lot of the B zones and some of A zone.

Mendocino county does hold bear, deer, and pigs. The majority of the pigs will be on private land though.

You'll have to be more specific on where you want to hunt, there's a lot of public land to hunt in Mendocino county that could be in the A zone or B zone. Unfortunately a lot of the public land that falls in A zone is pretty much on fire or closed due to fire.

kickemall

WKR
As others have said, no pigs around Weaverville. Lots of public land and wilderness so grab a forest service map and take a look. Coffee Crk. trailhead in the wilderness gets lots of traffic but there are many other trailheads as well as decent hunting that isn't wilderness, you'll just have to decide where you want to start. Expect quite a few hunters almost anywhere if its the beginning of rifle season. Bears may still be on Manzanita berries if there are many left but acorns have set on the oaks so they'll be climbing them also. No lack of bears if you get in the right place. Not a bad area to hunt so enjoy.

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Would you recommend hunting lower where the acorns are then? Cuz up high where manzanitas are there's not a lot of acorns

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Like I've said. Haven't done much hunting in California except for up in trinity in B zone and a few private properties that are in A zone.