Goals for the season?

Fitzwho

WKR
Go 3 for 3 on my Pronghorn tags. They are delicious and just plain fun to hunt. First tag is filled already. Second tag is an iron sight muzzleloader tag in Colorado, so that will get interesting. Since it’s just it would be my first animal with the muzzleloader, I guess you can add getting that done as a stand-alone goal.

Get my first mule deer outside of Texas and hopefully first muley that isn’t a 3x3. Just a classy looking 4x4 is all I’m hoping for.

- 1st Elk hunt in CO in about 7 weeks: See elk, and if close enough, kill one.
- kill a mature white tail with bow on SC Public land. Buck or doe. Same for family land in AL, buck only. However, I think its harder to kill a doe. They show up often, but harder to put the move on
- Duck hunt at least 3 times this year or more. 1st child due December 27th, the heart of the season in the South.

My goal is to fill the freezer. Preferably by punching one of my elk tags. I will take the first ethical shot I get on any animal I have a tag for all season.

as.ks.ak

WKR
First backcountry solo animal (Alaska Mountain Goat). I’ve hunted solo a few times before, but generally with no scouting beforehand. This year I’ve done some hard miles to get a few bowls picked out. Now to cache some gear up the drainage so i can hunt as effectively as possible for as long as possible.

Main Goal, as always: Come home safely to my bride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
Well, I achieved my goal. How about the rest of you?! Attach pics!

ccb4c21ce79811b6c1cc4d00b3a8aba1.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Kill an elk and fill the freezer. The season will be filled with way too early mornings, grueling hikes, a beat up body, and a bunch of frustration. There will be a few moments of fun, excitement and anticipation. Elk hunting isn’t fun, it’s hard work and usually sucks. I look forward to it 11 months out of the year.

About exactly what I figured. Another great year!

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
I haven’t got it all done yet. Killed a 5x5 bull and got an antelope. Still working on hunting at home with the bow.
Grats to you guys getting it done tho!