Jason Hairston of KUIU passed away today

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
Guys - I heard a rumor earlier that Jason took his life earlier today. Obviously I hope this isn't true, but I am hoping for at least some confirmation one way or the other. Is there any legs to this?

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or out of line, please delete.

golfbum

WKR
I heard the same. Sad news if true!

Prayers go out to his family

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely a bunch of different places reporting the same thing... so sad prayers for the family

NPO_Aaron

FNG
Dang, this is from a friend of his.
"My heart is broken.
I am sorry for everyone who is finding out this way.
Jason Hairston is no longer with us. I am so sorry for his family. He introduced me to my wife, Nichole Franey Davis. We lived together for a few years in college. We played linebacker together in the same class at UC Davis.
He was successful way beyond what anyone could imagine as the owner and founder of KUIU.
RIP #51.
I have no information on his death. I am just processing the news.
A very sad day in my life."

Everyone is fighting their own demons.

TXCO

WKR
Hopefully not true since everything links back to one forum post. If it is true, then its awful for everyone involved.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully not true since everything links back to one forum post. If it is true, then its awful for everyone involved.

Everything isn't linking back to one forum post. There's LOTS of talk in the outdoor industry about it this afternoon.

Super strange and super sad. As mentioned earlier, you never know what demons people may be fighting behind closed doors.

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I think I just had a discussion with a buddy of mine of how jealous we are that he gets to live out our dream everyday. Just shows how you need to find a way to be happy with whatever current place you are at in life. We always think if I only had x in my life Id be happy. Not true, youll just want something else. Happiness comes from within. Anthony Bordain is another good example. You watch his show "Parts Unknown " and think jeez his life is amazing. There are lessons to be learned from everyone's situation and an opportunity to reflect on your current self.

RIP...his suffering has ended.

He went to the Brooks Range last week to hunt with his son and Dad. He didn't/hasn't posted any pics of the trip. Not sure if they even made it back yet. Hopefully just a rumor....

I've heard him mention in a couple podcasts about battling with CTE. That would be the only reason I could even believe this news being true. Hopefully its not.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys - I heard a rumor earlier that Jason took his life earlier today. Obviously I hope this isn't true, but I am hoping for at least some confirmation one way or the other. Is there any legs to this?

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or out of line, please delete.
If this is true, my sincere condolences are with the family.

As long as this thread stays respectful and on track I don't see a problem with it.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Shrek

WKR
I wasn’t a fan but I sure wouldn’t wish CTE on him. I can’t say I wouldn’t go to my favorite place on earth and end it all if my mind was slipping away and robbing me of all joy and hope. Yes it’s selfish with a young son but if you have ever had a friend who’s mind had turned on them you would understand. I watched my best friends fathers mind go and it was horrible to say the least.