Optics Warranty...Is this normal?

Shrek

WKR
Honest service would have been to give a realistic service time of 10-14 weeks. That’s what it’s been the five times My friends and I have sent them anything. Moneyball could have made better plans of what he was going to do. Might have bought a new binocular to hunt with.

OP
M

Moneyball

WKR
Honest service would have been to give a realistic service time of 10-14 weeks. That’s what it’s been the five times My friends and I have sent them anything. Moneyball could have made better plans of what he was going to do. Might have bought a new binocular to hunt with.

Yea, I agree with you there. I definitely could’ve done a better job on my end. I am not in the optics business, and as stated in my original post this was a first for me to send them in. Maybe I should’ve known better than to trust the estimate of a company that has been working in optics for 170+ years. Luckily I have a spare set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sent optics in twice...

Vortex = ~2 week turn around on a busted reflex sight that was completely my fault. sent me a new sight.
Swarovski = ~1 month turn around on a 20 year old scope that had windage adjustment issues. they replaced the reticle and gave it a 'full service'.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I am testing this now with Mavens on a pair of B2 11x45s that I believe are faulty. Contacted Maven Via email about my B2's within 10 minutes I had a call to my cell coming in. Talked with Chris who stated to send them in so they could look at them he emailed me the shipping and RA # and now I have them being shipped to Lander Wy to be looked at. I am a die hard fan of Maven now. Those guys have their stuff down and Customer Service is world class.

Swaros I sent in also that took about 3 weeks for the entire process before they sent them back professionally tuned and cleaned.

ncstewart

WKR
Haven’t read whole thread so sorry if this has been said. I have only warranty vortex as that’s all I have. Only for cleaning and service of binos. And then on a scope I dropped. Both were back to me in two weeks and were pleasant to deal with on the phone.

My only experiences:

Leica Geovid HD-B: Quoted 12 week turn around, actual was somewhere around 14 weeks IIRC but they sent an upgraded model and a $100 Cash Card. Communication was easy.

March 3-24x52: Never returned just had questions about function of scope - was told they'd look at it but it's always user error and that I and a highly regarded member of snipershide are probably setting it up wrong :D

Three weeks so far and my swaros are still in the repair shop. Looks like I'll be hunting without them this season. Bummer

LandYacht

WKR
Mine are on their way back from Germany. This is the end of week seven. Original time line was 4-6 weeks.

OP
M

Moneyball

WKR
Mine are on their way back from Germany. This is the end of week seven. Original time line was 4-6 weeks.

Hopefully you will get them returned sooner rather than later!

I sent my Zeiss in February for a few repairs. I had a brand new pair at my door in two weeks. Looks like I got lucky.