Rustic House Siding!

treillw

WKR
Not your average Rokslide topic, but I figure your all outdoorsy folks who could possibly have similar rustic mountain home tastes. I've been struggling to find a house siding that I like. I like the wood board and batten look, but it's more costly, wood maintenance, etc.

Any alternatives out there to consider that still look woodsy?

Thanks!

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
go with metal, stone,and/or stucco on the walls and metal roofing, fascia and soffit and go fishing and hunting instead painting the house.

mt100gr.

WKR
Where in MT?

Obviously live edge siding would have plenty of maintenance, but I have a mill and winter is when it runs the most.

Personally, I went with LP siding when I built two years ago. It takes paint well and weathers well. I can't stand painting, staining, etc. Low maintenance is key.

Takem

WKR
James Hardie makes a pre finished (stain look), cement fiber, lap siding that looks good. Very low maintence. They may offer a board and batton as well. In general they make a good product.

Elite7

FNG
Hardie makes some nice products but haven’t seen a wood finish yet.

LP smartside with diamondkote finish will have what you need at a reasonable price. Real cedar will be cheaper but no way I would deal with that maintenance. Biggest problem I see with going to a non wood product for the wood look is that you won’t be able to paint or stain it in the future. After 20 - 30 years you’ll be forced to paint it a color or have faded look

Nichiha makes some sharp looking products that look like wood but you’re looking at some coin.