Challis, Idaho

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
My dad and I will be staying the night at a hotel in Challis this Saturday night on our way to elk camp. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to grab a cold beer and burger or pizza? River of No Return Brewery peaked my interest but would appreciate any suggestions, especially any “stay away from” suggestions, :)

Thanks.

Antonios has never let me down for pizza and beer. The atmosphere isn't anything to get excited about, but they do a good pizza and well, beer is hard to screw up!

IdahoElk

WKR
When you turn off the highway and head up main street there is a bar directly on the right(Challis lounge) that has good steaks.

Go to the Tea Cup Cafe for breakfast,it's past the pizza place on the right.

Last edited:
There aren’t many choices. A couple of greasy spoons and the pizza joint mentioned above. I wouldn’t say any of it is outstanding food, but Challis has its own charm.

Ben

WKR
Shayla’s hide-a-way. Order something with ‘shayla’s secret sauce’ on it. Just don’t ask what’s in the sauce.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I brought a growler of beer from River of No Return back form our trip last year. Wish I could get more of it here in KY. Really enjoyed it. The food there was also good, but all the places there had good food.