Storms hitting Colorado for 1st season

davsco

WKR
Saw over 100 head of elk in 3 locations from the highway.

damn i woulda creamed my pants!

up here north of rifle, scouting, had rain (and fog) last three days, just a coating of snow in the higher elevations (gmu 21,22) to up to 9k.

Rian last 3 days pretty hard a steady here on the western slope, pretty good considering we have had none all summer, more on the way this coming week. Snow up on the Grand Mesa. Seen nice bucks and turkey today. Wet & muddy.

Use the NOAA website for forecast National Weather Service

You can click on topo map anywhere you are, I tell you I been using it for years and its pretty close on a 7 day forecast even in the higher elevations. Gives you a pretty good idea how to prepare.

Rian last 3 days pretty hard a steady here on the western slope, pretty good considering we have had none all summer, more on the way this coming week. Snow up on the Grand Mesa. Seen nice bucks and turkey today. Wet & muddy.

Use the NOAA website for forecast National Weather Service

You can click on topo map anywhere you are, I tell you I been using it for years and its pretty close on a 7 day forecast even in the higher elevations. Gives you a pretty good idea how to prepare.

I hope you changed the longitude and latitude before sharing that link. Otherwise, you might have outed your honey hole.

LandYacht

WKR
I hope you changed the longitude and latitude before sharing that link. Otherwise, you might have outed your honey hole.

Not much hunting there in White Water. It would be fun to see some internet hunting warriors swarm down on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
My packing list for 1st rifle is starting to look like 4th season. Will be a nice change from the recent past.

Poser

WKR
My packing list for 1st rifle is starting to look like 4th season. Will be a nice change from the recent past.

Having spent the weekend scouting, I’m definitely packing in a warmer pair of gloves and definitely brining the wood stove.

Playing around with the options on that weather.us page, it looks like the CONUS HD weather model is a more accurate local forecast, but only goes out 60 hours. That model is showing significantly less snow than the euro model.

Still, I'm bringing snowshoes just in case.

TexasCub

WKR
Having spent the weekend scouting, I’m definitely packing in a warmer pair of gloves and definitely brining the wood stove.

Just so guys that aren’t aware will know double check the unit you are hunting in, there are still burn bans withstanding in a lot of units that do not allow wood stove burning in a tent! Something to think about.

Over 30 1st rifle bull tags were turned in This week for my SW unit. *♂️

I bet a lot of people are going to stay home or stay really close to the road. I'm excited for less people :) There is only one fall a year. Can't control mother nature, just have to adapt and overcome.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah its gonna be a cold one, be safe if you're in the back country folks!

Texascub got tip on the fire ban, looks like I'm clear in my unit. Wood stove and a thick ass mountaineering parka for the morning sits are coming along on this hunt, the weight is worth not shivering waiting for the sun to rise.

Poser

WKR
I bet a lot of people are going to stay home or stay really close to the road. I'm excited for less people :) There is only one fall a year. Can't control mother nature, just have to adapt and overcome.

I bet 2nd and third seasons will be overloaded with pressure. I put in my scouting and am going to stick with my plan, though, I admit to being a little nervous going in deep to over 11,000 feet in these conditions, however, I’m confident the elk will be there and I have the gear to stay warm.