Another grizzly attack here in Teton County

SWOHTR

WKR
Glad he’s ok. Would have been great if he had drawn one of the grizzly tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels like I am seeing a higher instance of reported attacks and mauling. Is there someplace that is tracking stats that can prove this out?

dtrkyman

WKR
Good to see him make it out if that situation, dude is tore up, what are they investing?

These bears seem to have more rights than the people who shoot them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtkryman I'm with you, what the hell is there to investigate?

They are investigating for someone who agrees with them. After a thorough investigation they will find a half dozen outraged Twitter comments for their follow up story titled, "Masses outraged over starving bear brutally murdered by trophy hunter who stole his dinner."

OP
Coach Chris
they are investigating for someone who agrees with them. After a thorough investigation they will find a half dozen outraged twitter comments for their follow up story titled, "masses outraged over starving bear brutally murdered by trophy hunter who stole his dinner."
lol! Winner!!!!

netman

WKR
There is another dead grizzly story that has not gone public yet. One of my friends killed one within the past week while elk hunting . It charged him and his wife.

HookUp

WKR
The way grizzlies are being managed they have no fear of man. This management by federal court is failing. People should be able to go on a hike or hunt without being attacked.

mtmuley

WKR
The way grizzlies are being managed they have no fear of man. This management by federal court is failing. People should be able to go on a hike or hunt without being attacked.
Ummmm… You can't manage fear into a grizzly bear. If you are scared, stay on the porch. mtmuley

slick

WKR
Ummmm… You can't manage fear into a grizzly bear. If you are scared, stay on the porch. mtmuley

Thank you. So sick of this mindset of “put the fear back into them”, nothing about that makes sense. Fear is a learned behavior, and the ones that would’ve learned are dead.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Grizzly bears are like honey badger. They don't give a shit.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
There is another dead grizzly story that has not gone public yet. One of my friends killed one within the past week while elk hunting . It charged him and his wife.
What state.

Why do elk in non hunting areas do their thing around people with no regard? While their truly wild counter parts that live in areas they get shot, are much more skittish? It is a conditioning effect. Momma teaches young ones to fear humans where they can be killed. Just like momma's in preserves teach their young ones its ok to feed 10 yards from tourists with no fear. To say that same conditioning won't apply to a Grizzly is just not giving the bears much credit.

I know, I know, I'm just a dumb easterner that has no idea how the west works. But, I ain't that dumb and, neither is the grizzly bear.

JWP58

WKR
Why do elk in non hunting areas do their thing around people with no regard? While their truly wild counter parts that live in areas they get shot, are much more skittish? It is a conditioning effect. Momma teaches young ones to fear humans where they can be killed. Just like momma's in preserves teach their young ones its ok to feed 10 yards from tourists with no fear. To say that same conditioning won't apply to a Grizzly is just not giving the bears much credit.

I know, I know, I'm just a dumb easterner that has no idea how the west works. But, I ain't that dumb and, neither is the grizzly bear.

No. Bears will be bears, human activity will not change their behavior. Either drop a pair and be a man, or stay out a griz country! Stay on the porch, boy!

(Sarcasm)

Last edited:
I've seen firsthand how wolves became much more skittish after they were hunted in Idaho. Beforehand, there were multiple accounts of them being quite brazen. No doubt that would have some effect on grizz.

It's crazy how many attacks have occcured this fall.

jmez

WKR
Becoming a numbers thing. The more of them that are out there the higher the odds of running into one.