What size and brand game bags?

Elite

WKR
Hello I am looking to purchase some new game bags. Curious what the best brand is ? I was looking at TAG and they seem good from what I have heard. I will be using them when I quarter a deer up and haul it out and also will be using them on sheep hunts when I quarter and de bone the meat. Curious what sizes would be best. Might use them for a elk one day ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the caribou carnivore.
They are a narrow/long shape. 16x30 I think.
I think a more tube shape when boned out is easier to get on ur psck and stays centered better.

I think Caribou, Tag, and the Blackovis bags are probably all so close any of them would do a great good. If a certain size sticks out to ya go with that.
Or camofire has the ovis bags pretty often.

I used tag bags this year and they were great. Easy to wash and reuse and very durable. Not sure what size I had

ChrisA

WKR
I've ran the same Tag BOMB bags for three years and am pleased with the performance. They still look new after a trip through the washing machine.

I'm pretty sure Tag is veteran owned so that's another reason to run them.

Chris

tttoadman

WKR
Tag Bomb bags for me. I like the slenderness of the bags. It holds a good shape in the pack instead of a blob in the bottom. My brother has the Allen bags. They are quality bags, just bigger bags instead of the long skinny like the Bomb bags.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Thanks for info so far guys. Any chance those bomb kit bags will fit quarters of a deer in them? Or only deboned ?

Thanks for info so far guys. Any chance those bomb kit bags will fit quarters of a deer in them? Or only deboned ?

They have different sizes but the ones I have are for deboned

Another vote for tags. I just ordered a set of the boned out bags. The middle size ones swallow whitetail quarters with ease. I can get 2 back hams in a bag easy. I am planning to see if the bomb bags might be a bit more efficient.

I don’t own them, but the black ovis bags with a typo knife for around $100 seems like a solid deal.

I think u would be alright, You would have to look up exact sizes. But I put bone in deer in my carnivore bags last year. Even got them rolled up on bone in elk quarters, it was tite but possible.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello I am looking to purchase some new game bags. Curious what the best brand is ? I was looking at TAG and they seem good from what I have heard. I will be using them when I quarter a deer up and haul it out and also will be using them on sheep hunts when I quarter and de bone the meat. Curious what sizes would be best. Might use them for a elk one day ...

I would suggest the Caribou Gear Game bags. They are super light weight and very durable. You can run them through the washer machine. I personally use the carnivore III I have been able to pack out numerous elk and deer. I have yet to pack out a sheep with this, but I will very soon.

Here are the spec for the Carnivore III:
5 – 16 x 30 Meat Bags w/ logo
5 – ID Tags w/ locks
4ft x 4ft Plastic Ground Tarp
Field Instructions
Package Size: 6.75 x 5.5
Total Weight: 14oz

They do have an Elk Magnum pack, but the only downside is on a back country hunt the game bags weigh 2lbs. Hunting from the truck they would work fine, but most people like to cut weight as best as possible.

Specs for Elk Magnum pack:
4 – 48x28 Quarter Bags
2 – 30x23 Meat Parts / Cape Bags
1 – 21x12 Camp Meat Bag
1 – 23x10 Plastic Bag
1 – Vented Storage Bag with rubber coated mesh lower and orange nylon Upper
1 – Black Nitrile Gloves Pair
6 – Water / Tear Proof ID Tags & Locking Ties
Total Weight: 2lb

D_Eightch

WKR
I got the Ovis Sacks, both an elk and deer set. Worked great for packing out my buddies elk this year (elk set), bone on.

Cleaned up easy, I could see using them for boned out meat as well, would think it wouldn't be an issue but there may be something I am not thinking of that could pose an issue.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have numerous bags added over the years, first where the big ass full quarter bags I thought I needed 28x48 or something like that. I added a set of 16x30s which I will mainly use going forward, those easily fit half an antelope each bone in and I'd imagine most deer. They'll hold boned out elk just fine and contain the blob well. I'll have some of those and a couple larger bags in my pack for elk season, the larger ones will fit the rears in immediately and let them cool to be deboned later.

aron

WKR
I have the TAG BOMB bags and they are capable of a quartered deer. I don't have a lot of use on the set but 4-5 deer and still going with no holes. Larry seems like a stand up guy and fully stands behind his products.

Wrench

WKR
I've got Tag bags and Gote bags. Both are great. I like the hanging strap on the gote bags.