Right or Wrong? Idaho Game Commissioner hunts Africa

hflier

WKR
I have been thinking about taking down my social media accounts. Been the damnation of this country. I support all hunters, just wish some wouldn't do harm to our cause, regardless if it is legal, we only make up about 5% of the population, if that, nowadays and we need to not provide fodder for the Anti's.

I has nothing to do with being cowardess, but wise and smart. Those that say stuff it to the anti's and that we shouldn't be sensitive to the situation do not understand numbers. Used to be only hunters watched hunting shows so you were addressing an understanding audience, now with all the social media you are reaching people that don't have a clue and think their meat comes in Styrofoam and cellophane packages.

Ron

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
Damn.........Only took a couple hundred years to turn nation of bad asses into a nation of pussies.

CorbLand

WKR
Damn.........Only took a couple hundred years to turn nation of bad asses into a nation of pussies.

Soft times make soft people.

The thing that would concern me with all of this is that board has long held Idahos hunting and fishing above the money driven enterprise that some other states have. I would be more concerned with who is going to take his place and what those impacts will be.

Something to keep in mind that many anti-hunters or general public have the lingering perceptions:
A) Evil hunters killed Bambi's mother
B) Hunters are blood thirsty savages, killing for trophies

Unfortunately, these photos reinforce those misconceptions, and there was little to no thought put into those photos and the consequences. Does this guy live in a cave? Considering his job, he should be much more aware of the optics on hunting in today's climate.

Who cares about what the public thinks? As a hunter you should because they hold your social licence to participate. It's not about who's morally right or wrong, doesn't matter, it's all politics and opinions.

Take BC as an example, in one day, one vote, the general, non-hunting public took away griz hunting. No science, no stats, just pure emotion from the uninformed voter. What's to say some wingnuts couldn't do that with hunting altogether? What would the politicians be afraid of, pissing off 2-3% of the voting population in BC? Big deal, they piss off more with less.

I have nothing against grip and grins, but how it's done and the details make a difference.
Brilliant post.
I'm going to share this on other forums.
How ignorant and stupid do you have to be to not see where this is headed?
If you want to kill a bunch of animals(hunting is fair chase), don't be an idiot and jeopardize MY RIGHTS so that you can brag shamelessly.
Have a clue.

jetsled

FNG
How about you know the facts before you chastise the man. He DIDN'T post these to social media. Let's get that clear. Shared with a few friends like we all do and it apparently ended up in the wrong hands.

X3 on the Nation of Badasses to Nation of Pussies. Almost zero conservatives have a backbone in America anymore and rollover when they are faced with controversy. Sad!

gbflyer

WKR
“Kinda like naked pictures of your wife. Don’t take them, and they won’t ruin your life.” Me

“Kinda like naked pictures of your wife. Don’t take them, and they won’t ruin your life.” Me
You know, I was going to make a comparison like that.
Would you send pictures of your wife in a tiny little white bikini to 100 of your closest buds?
Why not?
Buncha pussies!
I look forward to seeing the pics!

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
Just another "the sky is falling" topic. Give it a month or two and they will be on to the next. If you truly believe that stuff like this will end the future of hunting then we as hunters are doomed. This is going to continue to happen as long as hunters are killing animals. We are caving to what is considered "acceptable" through others eyes. I challenge all of you to not take a photo with the next animal you are fortunate enough to get. The risk to the hunting future is too high if it were to fall into the wrong hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Hmm. Yes this is social media, but like minded. As far as conservatives being pussies, I am about as militant as they come, but the Grizzly hunt in BC shows what can happen. Being a bad ass doesn’t mean you still get to hunt. The wackos we are dealing with now are not logical and the balance of power is too even to take for granted.

And yes, I agree the individual in question did not post to social media, but sending the pics to 100 people is the same. No one has 100 friends they can trust, so this was an error in judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't about hunting baboons. It doesn't matter what species he's got there. You could stack a buck, doe and a couple of fawns like that, comment about killing the whole family and you'd still look like a whack job.

Wrong, it’s ok to trap and or shot an entire sounder of pigs, pack of Yotes etc.

Problem is the lack of education on what exactly a baboon is. An indiscrimnate killer that kills it own offspring as well as hunts human offspring. They are the wolf sized ever present coyote populace of Africa.

Humanization of a massive ordnance of predators is the issue......not the culling of them

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I think it’s an awesome photo. Getting it done with a traditional bow and getting the whole group not just one. Small and quick targets to boot.

Shrek, I haven't gone through this whole tjread, yet, but seems we don't have a problem with the hunt, it's the fact that "anything we say (post) can and will be used against us".

This guy should have never let this photo go. Whether we like it or not, there's way more people on the fence who will decide our hunting future than us. We have to use discretion and this guy didn't. The anti's are eating us for breakfast over this one and no amount of bird flipping at our enemies will undo the damage this guy just did.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Wrong, it’s ok to trap and or shot an entire sounder of pigs, pack of Yotes etc.

Problem is the lack of education on what exactly a baboon is. An indiscrimnate killer that kills it own offspring as well as hunts human offspring. They are the wolf sized ever present coyote populace of Africa.

Humanization of a massive ordnance of predators is the issue......not the culling of them

Point taken.

What do you think is the easier undertaking? Asking hunters to be more mindful or educate the Western World about African issues with baboon culling?

Remember, antis have nothing to lose, we have everything to lose.

vanish

WKR

You completely missed the point of my post. Go stack up a whole pack of yotes, make one the dad, one the mom and have a couple of puppies arranged at the bottom, put a person in the middle, talk about killing the whole family and I'm going to call that person a whack job, too.

sndmn11

WKR
Shrek, I haven't gone through this whole tjread, yet, but seems we don't have a problem with the hunt, it's the fact that "anything we say (post) can and will be used against us".

This guy should have never let this photo go. Whether we like it or not, there's way more people on the fence who will decide our hunting future than us. We have to use discretion and this guy didn't. The anti's are eating us for breakfast over this one and no amount of bird flipping at our enemies will undo the damage this guy just did.

The only way these things are used against us are by us backing down and conceding. Giving into demands gives people who might disagree with the picture in question power....and then they make more demands. When was the last time you heard someone on the opposite side of your position give consideration to your feelings prior to whatever it was they are about to do?

This country is/was cool because of freedom. Giving up things in life that you enjoy that are not illegal simply to conform to the belief system of others is not freedom.

K

Kootenay Hunter

whoa whoa whoa, how did this get missed?

It's a sounder of swine or a passel of hogs, and a band of coyotes... geezus!

K

Kootenay Hunter

I think the point some of us are trying to make is that we aren't giving them power, they have the power right now. Hunters are 3-5% of the population. As far as I know, there is no constitutional right to hunting, it can be taken away. Look at what happened to bear hunting in New Jersey! The only way to 'fight back' on that one is to elect a different politician. Posting tasteless hunting photos will not get a pro-hunting politician elected.

We are not talking about what and how you hunt legally, it's about what you put into the world.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The only way these things are used against us are by us backing down and conceding.

I'm not saying to back down, I'm saying don't give them ammo to use against us.

Believe it or not, my own mother is NOT pro-hunting (dad got her off the anti-side, but still not pro), so I don't show her my trophy photos unless asked, and I never show her anythhing with blood, gore, whatever. I don't talk about the death of the animal, the gory details, nothing along those lines. Keeps the peace, keeps her on my side.

You could say that I'm conceding if that means that I don't want to offend the offendable. But that's just common sense to me.