Right or Wrong? Idaho Game Commissioner hunts Africa

Trial153

WKR
Do we even know if it’s true? My understanding is that baboons are pretty much vermin. That said it’s probably pretty silly to make a statement like that, more so to take that picture, and Especially so being a public servant working for f&g, and on top a state director.
If it’s even true or in context. Which it most likely isn’t.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
Really ? On a hunting forum ? Cucks on the commission soiling their pantys... after arrowing the mama baboon he should have left the babies to starve or be killed. Never apologize and never backup.

I know the game commissioner in this story and I can speak to his character. The only 'wrong' I'll speak to is making an absolute judgment based on the reporting of any broadcast news media...including FOX.

Really ? On a hunting forum ? Cucks on the commission soiling their pantys... after arrowing the mama baboon he should have left the babies to starve or be killed. Never apologize and never backup.

The photo is in poor taste, as is the decision to distribute it.

Comments like yours and your previous one about mountain lions tells me you are the type that make all of us look bad. A typical internet badass, congratulations for being so hard. GTFO

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider

Comments like yours and your previous one about mountain lions tells me you are the type that make all of us look bad. A typical internet badass, congratulations for being so hard. GTFO

That is the way I saw it......unfortunately in this day an age you have to look more at how it will be perceived. A lot of times we are our own worst enemy.

IdahoElk

WKR
Why,Why,Why do people find it necessary to post pictures like this on the internet?
Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.

Oregon

WKR
Poor choice to mention shooting a family of baboons and sharing the pic with a hundred people.
We’re all responsible to not depict hunting in a negative manner. The older I get, the more I believe this.
Reason I don’t have Facebook nor send dead critter pics to people who don’t hunt.
It’s really that simple

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
There is no crime here. Legal take, end of story.

Criticism of his decision making on sharing the photo is valid.

D_Eightch

WKR
Has to be a pretty naive individual to not think a picture like THAT is going to drum up bad publicity. I personally don't agree with it. But if that's what he does and makes him happy so be it as long as no laws are being broken of course.

Btaylor

WKR
If I knew I had done nothing wrong, they would have to fire me. I do not disagree with the comments about thinking about what you put out for public viewing but the linked pics were not so terrible as to warrant pressuring him to resign imo. Resigning for a legal act can be seen as an omission of guilt and that can only give fuel to the people who take your right to hunt away this very second if they could.

Shrek

WKR

I think it’s an awesome photo. Getting it done with a traditional bow and getting the whole group not just one. Small and quick targets to boot.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
From the article: "Legal does not make it right".

Nor does it make it wrong. However, caving to their demands would be wrong IMO.

Just like when the CA Game Commissioner was under demands to resign when he legally went to Idaho and shot a mountain lion. My goodness, where does it stop. We'll never get anything positive done in this country again if people just can't stop being offended by the littlest things. Everyone has done something that someone would be offended by. So everyone should resign whatever position they're in........I guess.....including those that are demanding his resignation.

the optic of it is terrible. It just is. There is no way around it. It is these actions that will bring down hunting. We really need to use some common sense in what we electronically distribute. I does not matter how much you agree or disagree with the act of the hunts he went on. The simple fact is hunters are greatly outnumbered in society and the more things like this that turn non hunters into anti hunting voters the more we lose.

Azone

WKR
Cool baboons. But if I was a public servant I would not have a social media account. Too many people get there sensitive feelings hurt when they see something they object to. Also it takes one screen shot of a "offensive" post and your career will be over or ruined forever even if you do delete it.