New phone - Political considerations?

Good morning, I apologize if this topic has been covered before, is frowned upon, or is in the wrong section. I searched the forums, but didn't turn up any results specifically dealing with this issue.

I have used Android for the past 2 years and it's not as reliable a platform as my old Iphone used to be. On the Iphone all of my apps seemed to work without a problem. One of the main differences I see is with GAIA Gps. My girlfriend's Iphone is responsive and flawless. My Android, not so much. I use that app as an example, it's not the main reason for any switch. Regardless, I haven't had that much trouble with my Galaxy S7, it's just that the Iphone seemed less buggy to me.

Anyway, it seems these days that Google in general seems to be a much worse company than Apple considering the privacy breaches reported in the news and their agenda, etc. Perhaps Apple just keeps their motives and end game a better secret? I know both lean far left socially and hunting and fishing apps seem to be just something they both tolerate currently.

Like most others, I like to support organizations and businesses that align with my interests. I feel that Apple is not one of those businesses, but I also feel that way about Google.

Am I making too much of this issue?

Maybe just pick a platform and offset my purchase by spending an equal amount on a gun or RMEF donation?

Thanks.

Trial153

WKR
By the phone you want and don’t worry about it. Your time and money are spent supporting a pro hunting conservation organization they worrying about a phone manufacturers stance on the subject even if you had away to reliably discern what that stance if any really might be.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You could get a flip phone and a Garmin GPS.......but who knows where Garmin falls and whatever phone maker you'd choose. And every single one of the carriers are as left as they come. Maybe go without.......that's the ticket. I use my phone maybe once a week.

OP
B
Thanks for the replies.

It seems that my options are:

1. Don't worry about the political side of it, just get one that functions.

2. Go completely without, which is less convenient and more difficult to accomplish these days for me.

There is a price to everything and I suppose my decision should be based on which offers the most personal privacy, albeit privacy is most likely a perception anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Maybe I'm getting old and cantankerous. Maybe my arthritis is playing me up.
Maybe I'm just sick of the politicization of everything.
But.....*takes deep breath*

It's just a *¢®#ing phone!!!

Pick the platform you like & go nuts.

Jeez.

robtattoo

WKR
Oh, big life tip: if a tech company isn't directly involved in the hunting industry, there's a 90% chance they're anti-leaning, being mostly based outta California.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
you can do way more good for hunting with either phone (if you use it to promote hunting) than you're ever going to hurt it by buying from those guys. I used Starbucks 1T Wifi to build most of Roklide's article data base; little does SB know how much they've helped propagate hunting by having the best wifi in town.

Ozz08

WKR
Maybe I'm getting old and cantankerous. Maybe my arthritis is playing me up.
Maybe I'm just sick of the politicization of everything.
But.....*takes deep breath*

It's just a *¢®#ing phone!!!

Pick the platform you like & go nuts.

Jeez.

Thank you!

OP
B
you can do way more good for hunting with either phone (if you use it to promote hunting) than you're ever going to hurt it by buying from those guys. I used Starbucks 1T Wifi to build most of Roklide's article data base; little does SB know how much they've helped propagate hunting by having the best wifi in town.
Excellent point. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk