Trades

Hey everyone, how have you all done trades on here. I am attempting to trade some binoculars but the other guy seems to be afraid to just send them. Do you guys have a way of putting insurance on it or holding something on it?

Hoot

WKR
I haven't traded anything on here, but am not opposed to it. I tend to trust like-minded guys, but realize these forums could be, and have been, taken advantage of.

I'd say look at the guys profile, and also read their past posts, if they actually contribute to the forum, I'd say take a leap of faith and send him your item. I'm sure there is some recourse with law enforcement if you don't get your item in return, but I'd think you will be in the clear if you do your due diligence....

CorbLand

WKR
The safest way would be to do a money exchange as well. You each send money and each ship the binos.

This or see if a moderator or someone would be a middle man. You each send your item to said middle man with some money to cover shipping, then once he gets them, he sends them to the respected parties.

andy57

FNG
Not on this forum, but on others ,I tend to trust people who are on the forum and post regularly. I have never been taken,I choose to see the best in people

It probably has to do with your recent join date. A lot of times members that have been around longer are more trusted. Sending him a pic of your driver’s license might help, or send him whatever you’re trading first.

I doubt moderators want to get involved in this. Maybe a respected member that’s a gearhead would be willing to be the forum middle man to get their hands on stuff, but everyone is busy enough with their daily lives.

bozeman

WKR
Man I've sent a number of items on here...….just reach out via cell number and talk......I've met some good folks on here that way. Best of luck!

Some good suggestions above, and like others have said, I tend to trust like minded people. I think a detailed message from one party to another, with a confirmation that "yes I agree to those terms" and use of tracking numbers on shipped items, would be plenty for any kind of recourse if something went wrong.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
One idea I saw was sending money via PayPal at the value of the item, once the item is received you refund it. It gives both parties protection, as long as you don't do F&F.

Trial153

WKR
I have made a bunch of trade. Generally we verify each with a phone call and name and address exchange. Never had an issue.

Jimbob

WKR
One idea I saw was sending money via PayPal at the value of the item, once the item is received you refund it. It gives both parties protection, as long as you don't do F&F.

There is no insurance with friends and family payment. Even sending money doesn't protect you, who send money first and who refunds the money first?

You send him $1000? Then wait till he also sends $1000? What if the grand never shows up to you. You sent PP payment FF and now you have no recourse to get the money back.

I have had good luck with seeing the best in people though.

Last edited:

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
There is no insurance with friends and family payment. Even sending money doesn't protect you, who send money first and who refunds the money first?

You send him $1000? Then wait till he also sends $1000? What if the grand never shows up to you. You sent PP payment FF and no you have no recourse to get the money back.
That's why I said "as long as you don't use F&F."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Moneyball

WKR
I’ve traded before. Maybe I too see the best in folks, but I think with a couple phone conversations, post history, and some basic information you can get a pretty good feel for the folks out there that are straight. I have been lucky in that regard....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
This or see if a moderator or someone would be a middle man. You each send your item to said middle man with some money to cover shipping, then once he gets them, he sends them to the respected parties.

i like this suggestion

I've never had an issue with trades on here but defiantly be careful and do your research. I would never do a trade with a newer member without some serious backing from long time members,