Camouflage is a ridiculous fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lyle_destroys
I made myself the biggest target for this post.
Not at all. But it would make sense to buy for where you hunt most ofter. I dont know how else to explain this.
What if you hunt multiple terrains? Do you expect people to pay for a set of camo for each situation?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The reality is that most camo clothing would need to be modified to fit your immediate needs in most situations if you wanted to blend in perfectly.

there you go you entrepreneurs. A huge market right there. Put a little dial on the piece, change to match terrain and even weather. Call it chameleon. be a millionaire in no time, and maybe billions when Gore buys you.

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
Cant afford waterfowel camo and blacktail camo, sheep camo. Especially when you are running rain, insulation, base layers.

I believe more in the comfort of clothing than the camo pattern. Sitka and kuiu are made with the hunter in mind. A lot of the "Midwest" camo is basically printed on a pair of pants or a jacket and sold because it's camo. I was just in this predicament a couple months ago. My wife is a teacher here in the Midwest so I decided to take advantage of the Sitka discount and order a set. I was debating over the sub alpine or the EV II. I chose to go with subalpine because I'm out west hunting about every year and hunting back home I spend most my time in a heater body suit anyways. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you but sure made sense to me and since I'm paying for it..........well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me more about this Sitka discount. My daughter is a teacher and I hate buying anything full price which is why all of my Camo is different. I haven’t owned a complete outfit of a single pattern since the original Trebark back in the early 80’s when it was this or military surplus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear my full Kuiu setup and GoHunt flatbill while driving my jacked up truck with a #hushlife sticker in the back window to my daughter's dance lessons. Makes me feel like a total hard ass mountain athlete. Sippin Mtn Ops all day son. Only thing I'm missing is Utah plates....

But it would make sense to buy for where you hunt most ofter. I dont know how else to explain this.

I'm pretty sure that is what they do . . . That's what I do. Some people can only afford one set though. What's an East Coast Whitetail hunter that hunts once a year, or once every other year in the west suppose to do when he can't afford two sets of high quality clothing? Wear what you want and let everyone else wear what they want. It's none of your business what other people wear anyways.

Tell me more about this Sitka discount. My daughter is a teacher and I hate buying anything full price which is why all of my Camo is different. I haven’t owned a complete outfit of a single pattern since the original Trebark back in the early 80’s when it was this or military surplus.

PM incoming. I use it too and it is fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
lyle_destroys
I wear my full Kuiu setup and GoHunt flatbill while driving my jacked up truck with a #hushlife sticker in the back window to my daughter's dance lessons. Makes me feel like a total hard ass mountain athlete. Sippin Mtn Ops all day son. Only thing I'm missing is Utah plates....
You get it. Its like bro culture or something. More about being flashy, less about hunting.

And Im not bashing any of these companies by the way. From everything Ive read the stuff is top notch.

ahlgringo

WKR

LMAO, well done!!!

Trial153

WKR
Unless your claimed on your daughters tax return or a public servant yourself you wouldn't qualify.

Not at all. But it would make sense to buy for where you hunt most ofter. I dont know how else to explain this.

there you go you entrepreneurs. A huge market right there. Put a little dial on the piece, change to match terrain and even weather. Call it chameleon. be a millionaire in no time, and maybe billions when Gore buys you.

I would bet that if you were to take a picture of these western more open patterns in black and white and you stand next to some one with what you are referring to terrain specific also in black and white the more open non specific pattern would "Blend Better".

Chameleon is already out under the name of ASAT All Season All Terrain? :D I also see the KUIU especially the Vias as most similar to to ASAT followed by Verde and the UA Ridge Reaper Barren in that order as best patterns for most situations.

I believe most of the UA is overpriced for what you get but it is also what I bought for an elk trip for my son and I since we live in NJ and needed a pattern that was more open and less bloby as well as for warmer weather. I was able to buy for both of us from the UA clearance section a LS heat gear shirt in RR Barren as well as the hoody sweathshirt in the same pattern for about the price of a Sitka Core HW Zip T. These were the only two pieces I felt were of good quality and would have paid full price but got lucky and got them on sale. We then bought Eddie Bauer Guide pants in grey and green because they were only 40 bucks and most terrain will have the legs broken up by grass and limbs. We have both used them this year while hunting both on the ground and in our treestands we both have been successful on our whitetails.

Last edited:
OP
lyle_destroys
I killed a doe at 30 yards with a flintlock two nights ago wearing green hiking pants. It had no idea I was there. Being still and quiet is much more effective than any camo.
Chameleon is already out under the name of ASAT. :D I also see the KUIU especially the Vias as most similar to to ASAT followed by Verde and the UA Ridge Reaper Barren in that order as best patterns for most situations. I believe most of the UA is overpriced for what you get but it is also what I bought for an elk trip for my son and I since we live in NJ and needed a pattern that was more open and less bloby as well as for warmer weather. I was able to buy for both of us from the UA clearance section a LS heat gear shirt in RR Barren as well as the hoody sweathshirt in the same pattern for about the price of a Sitka Core HW Zip T. These were the only two pieces I felt were of good quality and would have paid full price but got lucky and got them on sale. We then bought Eddie Bauer Guide pants in grey and green because they were only 40 bucks and most terrain will have the legs broken up by grass and limbs. We have both used them this year while hunting both on the ground and in our treestands we both have been successful on our whitetails.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I killed a doe at 30 yards with a flintlock two nights ago wearing green hiking pants. It had no idea I was there. Being still and quiet is much more effective than any camo.

Being at night probably had more to do with it. Lol

Unless your claimed on your daughters tax return or a public servant yourself you wouldn't qualify.

I don't claim her nor her me but she lives in my home. So are you saying she couldn't buy something as a gift for someone?

I don't claim her nor her me but she lives in my home. So are you saying she couldn't buy something as a gift for someone?

Here's the quote directly from the website:

"Membership Limited To You and Your Immediate Family Members. You are NOT permitted to use this membership and/or any coupon code associated with this membership for purchases other than for yourself or your Immediate Family Members. Immediate Family Members consist of your spouse or common law partner and dependents who reside in your household AND who are claimed on your tax return. L******s may ask to see proof of your immediate family members at any point in time during your membership if it suspects illegal use of the membership. Contact us if you have any questions about this. L******s monitors purchases and use of this membership and/or vendor coupon codes associated therewith by anyone other than yourself or your Immediate Family Member(s) is a violation of the Membership Agreement and your membership WILL BE TERMINATED."

Trial153

WKR
Yes. Its prohibited. Except for specific windows where a friend amd family is specifically stated as ok. That happens infrequently but it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.