Camouflage is a ridiculous fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made myself the biggest target for this post.
Not at all. But it would make sense to buy for where you hunt most ofter. I dont know how else to explain this.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Here's the quote directly from the website:

"Membership Limited To You and Your Immediate Family Members. You are NOT permitted to use this membership and/or any coupon code associated with this membership for purchases other than for yourself or your Immediate Family Members. Immediate Family Members consist of your spouse or common law partner and dependents who reside in your household AND who are claimed on your tax return. L******s may ask to see proof of your immediate family members at any point in time during your membership if it suspects illegal use of the membership. Contact us if you have any questions about this. L******s monitors purchases and use of this membership and/or vendor coupon codes associated therewith by anyone other than yourself or your Immediate Family Member(s) is a violation of the Membership Agreement and your membership WILL BE TERMINATED."

I work in the financial industry and that is an even more restrictive definition of immediate family than any company I have ever worked in. Usually immediate family are spouse, children, parents and siblings. Some companies drop siblings but always include parents.

Yes. Its prohibited. Except for specific windows where a friend amd family is specifically stated as ok. That happens infrequently but it does happen.

It hasn't happened all year, and I had to cave in last night and buy my wife some stuff at close to full price elsewhere online. I really could have used a F&F this fall.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
It's actually even a better % off this week only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Camo defineitely helps, thats not what Im saying. I wear camo hunting 100% of the time. But I wear something that fits the area.

Darn it. I've been wearing my Treestand Outfitter camo for mountain elk hunting for 10 years now. Not because it fits the terrain I'm hunting, but because it was on sale for $20 a shirt and $20 for a pair of pants. But the material is absolutely the best I've found for archery elk hunting. I'm certainly not going to spend a bunch of money to make sure I'm wearing the right pattern for every different hunt I go on. Sometimes I even wear solid black shirts for elk hunting, hasn't been an issue.

Trial153

WKR
I know of two instances where members were asked to clarify purchases though Leo. I also know of memberships being dropped for not following the stated policy.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys, it also a violation of most of these membership discount programs to publicly discuss the actual % of discount. Out of respect for all of our public servants who benefit greatly from these programs, please speak generically publicly and save specifics for direct conversations! Thanks!

OP
lyle_destroys
Darn it. I've been wearing my Treestand Outfitter camo for mountain elk hunting for 10 years now. Not because it fits the terrain I'm hunting, but because it was on sale for $20 a shirt and $20 for a pair of pants. But the material is absolutely the best I've found for archery elk hunting. I'm certainly not going to spend a bunch of money to make sure I'm wearing the right pattern for every different hunt I go on. Sometimes I even wear solid black shirts for elk hunting, hasn't been an issue.
Thats what Im talking about! Like I said, I have some cheap green hiking pants I wear in early season and old army multicam pants if I need to carry more with me. If your budget doesnt allow it, dont spend 300 bucks on a jacket and 200 on pants. Buy something that fits your need, not just to be joe cool.

Everyone is trying to impress everyone else on instagram anymore!

Everyone is trying to impress everyone else on instagram anymore!

I think this is one instance where what you're saying is wrong. I have a Sitka jacket and Sitka pants because I like them. They block the wind well, are durable, and keep my body temperature steady better than anything else I've tried. They're in the new subalpine camo pattern because I drew a late season Arizona elk hunt last year and that's what I bought the clothes for, and that was the camo that was in stock and I liked the best. I bet I look like a lot of the people on Instagram that wear the same articles in the same camo pattern, and based on your comment I bet you think I've got an Instagram account and post a buncha hashtags about how cool I am. Except I don't. I have some Sitka stuff because it works.

You sitting there assuming that everyone who has on the cool new camo pattern are Instagram warriors that are trying to impress people is just flat out incorrect, and frankly isn't helping anyone.

Muttly

WKR
Ruh roh....think I might be in trouble here...
In fact, I just realized this is probably all kinds of bad. I,ve got a company hat. With the company name on it. But the brim (curved, not flat, old school, like ol' Blue..) is camo. Like old real tree camo..
And sometimes, being naturally prone to the occasional fashion fubar, I wear the cap with camo with the hi viz gear we,re also 'sposed to be wearing...
Come to think of it, I also wear plaid wool on occasion...

OP
lyle_destroys
I think this is one instance where what you're saying is wrong. I have a Sitka jacket and Sitka pants because I like them. They block the wind well, are durable, and keep my body temperature steady better than anything else I've tried. They're in the new subalpine camo pattern because I drew a late season Arizona elk hunt last year and that's what I bought the clothes for, and that was the camo that was in stock and I liked the best. I bet I look like a lot of the people on Instagram that wear the same articles in the same camo pattern, and based on your comment I bet you think I've got an Instagram account and post a buncha hashtags about how cool I am. Except I don't. I have some Sitka stuff because it works.

You sitting there assuming that everyone who has on the cool new camo pattern are Instagram warriors that are trying to impress people is just flat out incorrect, and frankly isn't helping anyone.
Like I said, get what works best for you, not just whats cool. How many more times do you want me to say that?

OP
lyle_destroys
Well hate to break it to you, but popular opinion says you arent cool. Too bad I dont live my life based on popular opinion.

I have my great grandpas red plaid hunting clothes hanging in my closet. A lot of critters were killed wearing them. Not cool camo though...
In fact, I just realized this is probably all kinds of bad. I,ve got a company hat. With the company name on it. But the brim (curved, not flat, old school, like ol' Blue..) is camo. Like old real tree camo..
And sometimes, being naturally prone to the occasional fashion fubar, I wear the cap with camo with the hi viz gear we,re also 'sposed to be wearing...

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider

Some guys just don't get the whole Bro thing!!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So are you saying that only camo from certain companies is cool?

I couldn't tell you what most camo is called or where it came from.......except KUIU, theirs is pretty recognizable. My KUIU Verde gaitors make me cool over my grayish Treestand Outfitter camo.:cool: All while wearing a blue and orange Bronco hat. Yes, I wear that hunting sometimes, and no it hasn't been a problem. Even CO elk like the Broncos.......well maybe not this year.

Muttly

WKR
Well hate to break it to you, but popular opinion says you arent cool. Too bad I dont live my life based on popular opinion.

I have my great grandpas red plaid hunting clothes hanging in my closet. A lot of critters were killed wearing them. Not cool camo though...

THAT is cool!!
Yeah, wish I had some of my grand Dad,s stuff.
Both of my grandfathers died before I was two.

Yeah it was a tough time for both of us when my son realized at around 12 years old that I wasn't quite as cool as he thought I was. Part of growing up, I guess.
Cool comes and goes, the fact that my wife likes me is good enough for this kid. And she rarely tells me to go back in change, though she does on occasion shake her head...

CorbLand

WKR
All while wearing a blue and orange Bronco hat. Yes, I wear that hunting sometimes, and no it hasn't been a problem. Even CO elk like the Broncos.......well maybe not this year.

I can guarantee that hat helps you kill things...the animals just feel so bad your a broncos fan that they let you kill them. :)

Squirrels

WKR
"Camouflage is a ridiculous fad"....one could say it's as ridiculous as such a thread about it....or maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.