Camouflage is a ridiculous fad

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastMT

WKR
I wear Camo pretty much every day. Even my crocs are Camo. I like it all, real tree, max 4hd, new Sitka, kuiu, kings desert etc.

I have different patterns for the desert, sheep hunting, moose hunting. Yeah, I can do just as well in solids, but I love Camo.

And I’m not sorry, not gonna apologize. Oh look, a sale!!!!!! Gotta go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lyle_destroys
It happens to everybody. My daughter is 3 and cannot leave me alone. I already have her in the woods with me. I eat it up, all the attention I can get because I know it wont last forever.
THAT is cool!!
Yeah, wish I had some of my grand Dad,s stuff.
Both of my grandfathers died before I was two.

Yeah it was a tough time for both of us when my son realized at around 12 years old that I wasn't quite as cool as he thought I was. Part of growing up, I guess.
Cool comes and goes, the fact that my wife likes me is good enough for this kid. And she rarely tells me to go back in change, though she does on occasion shake her head...

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

I'm not into the fashion side of camo but use it for my upper body , face, and hands always when bow hunting. Many times Ive been busted in the wide open and have game just stare through me. I works. I like.

Azone

WKR
I wear my full Kuiu setup and GoHunt flatbill while driving my jacked up truck with a #hushlife sticker in the back window to my daughter's dance lessons. Makes me feel like a total hard ass mountain athlete. Sippin Mtn Ops all day son. Only thing I'm missing is Utah plates....

Not word for word what I was thinking, but really close.

EastMT

WKR
I wear my full Kuiu setup and GoHunt flatbill while driving my jacked up truck with a #hushlife sticker in the back window to my daughter's dance lessons. Makes me feel like a total hard ass mountain athlete. Sippin Mtn Ops all day son. Only thing I'm missing is Utah plates....

I don’t have any of that. I may need to go shopping. Does amazon auto ship mtn ops?

Hmmmm. Can I take dance lessons in Camo also?

Only go down that road if you're willing to live the hard ass wilderness athlete lifestyle. You'll need $10,000 in Kuiu, Hush apparrel, GoHunt memberships, MtnOps supplements, and appropriate flattie hats to correspond with each of the aforementioned companies. You'll also need to get your wife a job so that you can keep up with all the hard ass mountain athlete YouTube content being constantly downloaded. It's a difficult lifestyle that actually leaves very little time or money for real hunting experiences. Oh...almost forgot. Axe body spray, lots of it.

tttoadman

WKR
I read through these posts generally for the entertainment value. Normally we only get these threads after a long dry summer of conditioning waiting to hit the woods.

For me I can say this: I scrutinize my gear a lot because I am old and weak, so I like to try to get nice efficient gear. My 2 favorite pcs of clothing are my Sitka vest I have had for about 8 years, and my Jetstream lite Jacket. There is a value in this specialty gear.

The funny ones to me are the folks who wear their high end hunting gear to the sportsman show to spill mustard on it. I will gladly keep mine hanging nicely on the hangers or folded in my pet proof room until it is time to go to the woods and kick ass with it. The people at my regular gas station know when they see me with my goofy clothes and my Lowa boots on, they will also see my loaded pack seat belted in the passenger seat ready to go.

ncstewart

WKR
Shoot cuz if ya take our camo away we’d go naked in the south! Haha. But for real I believe in camo but we not shooting 120 yards with our bows or playing sniper when we gun hunt either. now let the games begin. Lol

gdpolk

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't anything of name brand in any industry a fad for some folks? Sure there are people who can use the technical materials and designs and benefit from the build features. As hunters we all benefit from camo, though for most mammals the pattern really doesn't matter at all. However, at the end of the day I couldn't care less how others spend their money. I routinely enter the field wearing a mixture of my every day clothing, hunting clothes from Wal-Mart/Academy, and a select few pieces of top tier clothing that I bought because of its features and build quality.

colonel00

WKR
GMluPDnvnr4-hcs6ex9UOd8M-ji1cmEEGG8FWBlbJc1yZ6YYkrY6wboxF6SKMHDYGrW71nWXGhuoJOxZ2YJ-zN70O_tXFLc47QE59su7xORjO1fs4hTxKj2I6zHK8T11TuDogGZc2sVrLujGWxpKRbUIbRbmSG_UcEQpgwu1gKAWLrHFMSihe1km2rGWY17mQTMJjUCkIjyY2b4kgqSDV923eXu4D3JAmsnWjTE0F1woWR9O2EyC6DgGAr-121hX5UOYuUVuRWN9qL_LDm74I700qh3U2RGRbkPeHPs9m5FBKkzn2WK34G3ZODdbd32VqEFV_djcXjREYSlQTZfEUSJYcaFJb4IeZ5x-yiR1Wmlw9tkqleLILhd2holbWGv1g-etbIl0hfP7Hz9xb_qxm-qMJAbK2qn8HCLrahJOnG3gZ9SSDGvGiAA0dxwM648E0pXlAdBHLEc98dxhrRPzrt5VBUiTbnlgLji-0WzhGZFCsMUIzs6i955BucpP77Y0PiBJzdatovgXQDnuy7VkO6w8ZQ-Ix8NndsEbH7EB0XeIaONrIdzK_WXBgWR9ACRRre_ahD9ccdIx5XVztcofGK1NlZ_yiEQ5HMMtcm-7fV426Nycf234n8WfbnQHcyU82A8sOuvH_SpUO4pAswMmbtGGdyRX7RlZuNdMrq7m4LNV2lhT_tX6rR12vg=w401-h699-no

:D

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you just looking for something to complain about? Go up to the big dude in camo pumping diesel and tell him he looks stupid in it wearing it outside of the woods. Get back to us on how that works out. I'd rather see someone repping Sitka or First Lite, knowing full well that part of the price of that clothing is going back into conservation.
Has anyone else noticed how many people are wearing mountain type camo all over different forums, hunting websites, and social media simply because its stylish right now. Kuiu, Sitka, Skre patterns ect are worn even when they dont blend in to the surroundings AT ALL. No doubt they have great products and Im not going to rant about this but it kinda defeats the whole purpose of camo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
There you go again. Why wear anything green at all? Deer don't see green. Why worry about green? That's to hide you from other hunters, not ungulates. Deer see in shades of gray. That VIAS does better than Mossy Oak or Realtree.
Camo defineitely helps, thats not what Im saying. I wear camo hunting 100% of the time. But I wear something that fits the area. Something that hides me. Thats not what I have been seeing lately. Kuiu Vias in a green Missouri river bottom for example.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.