Hanging Wet Gear in Wall Tent

How do you guys dry out your gear in a wall tent? First time on a mountain trip. We'll be in a wall tent. Can you hang wet gear from the conduit? My Davis Tent uses 1" conduit. Seems a bit light to me, but I'm wondering what you guys do.

OP
F
That's what I was thinking about doing, but my concern is that the 1" conduit for the ridgeline seems light for hanging wet clothes on. Do you think the 1" will be strong enough for that?

Take a bunch of hangers if you have several guys in the tent. You can hang a bunch of clothes on a line if on hangers, not too many if hung directly up. We had three in a tent last week in Northern BC and filled the hangers for a few days when it was rainy and snowy.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
As noted use hangers on the conduit or run a line alongside it and you will be fine stoke that fire 🔥 and enjoy👍

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use hangers directly onto the conduit. I have a Davis as well and I could hang from that ridge pole at 220lbs. They're pretty darn strong.

530Chukar

WKR
I drilled a couple holes in the center pole of my pyramid tent and put a couple pegboard hooks on for hanging. I’d think you could do the same with the wall tent that way you’re not hanging weight from the rafters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of hard to explain. But if you go from one eve pole up over the center pole to the opposite eve.
But tie loops all along the rope u can hang a hanger from each loop. Spreads the clothing for faster drying, and you can fit multiple down the length of the tent.

wytx

WKR
Tie a line from conduit to conduit behind the stove and hang your stuff, It is plenty strong enough.

sndmn11

WKR
I think the frame will be just fine with clothes hanging from it. We have some hanger pieces that I haven't gotten on the website yet but you can see a picture of on this page Solar LED Lights - Davis Tent They work at really any angle and could go on the rafters at any point or the legs. You could take a stick of 1/2", 3/4", or leftover 1" conduit and have a clothes rack type setup. Give us a call 877-355-2267 or send me an email [email protected] if that looks like it would work.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
if your clothes line originates on the vertical poles, it will hold more as now it's compressing the ridgepole and not just sagging it.