Well...this ticked me off

K

Kootenay Hunter

Yeah, another article that totally misunderstands hunting and wildlife management.

nexus

FNG
While the natural reaction is to get defensive, this is a perfect opportunity to speak to those not in the hunting community and actually offer to show them what hunting is all about. Everyone in my office knows they have an open invitation to go into the field whenever they want to learn more about my life style. All kinds speak from ignorance; far less are critical once they have walked in someone else's shoes.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Man is there anywhere left on earth were someone isn't trying to control what people do?

It seems as the human race is embracing the loss of just about every freedom.

Ron

I saw that and thought it might get posted up here. Is this not a legal hunt or what is the problem? The article is a hit piece plan and simple.

I'm tired of dealing with people who think we are not a part of the food chain.

K

Kootenay Hunter

It's definitely more of just a general anti-hunting smear than anything in particular directed toward the hunter.

She took a respectful photo. Unfortunately someone looked at it and was reminded that hunting is allowed in Scotland and did not like it.

Then the 'Humane Society' got involved. Not to confused with the organizations that run pounds.

Riles1050

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely frustrating. I feel we are making some progress on the North American continent with helping people understanding why we hunt and the conservation efforts behind that. However, we have a long way to go over the pond. All we can do is keep educating and doing our best by portraying our lifestyle in a positive, honest and respectful light.

Backyard

WKR
I saw this while on MSN and just really ticked me off. They used the "best" possible language to picture us in a negative way. Just wanted to share so I'm not the only one PO'd off. :mad::mad::mad:

Larysa Switlyk‏, US hunter, angers Scotland by killing 'beautiful' wild goat

Not sticking up for anyone here, but it looked to me that all the "best " language used here were Larysa's, the Gov officials, and Flocken's quotes.

I also don't agree with the fact that the only stories they seem to do are negative in nature toward hunters either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azone

WKR
More snowflakes doing snowflake things. If it had been a human fetus approximately 4 to 6 months old she would be praised for being a strong independent woman. Instead it's a goat and now she will be nothing but a disgusting "deplorable redneck" that is evil. The world is going to hell in my honest opinion.

Kotaman

WKR
Social media just isn't a great place to show hunting exploits/successes. We shouldn't have to hide, but parading it on Social media is not doing us any favors in today's environment.

FLAK

WKR
I refuse to hang my head in shame. I'm not a social media guy, no Tweeter, Twix, Spacepage, BackBook, whatever.....
But I will not hide from those pricks.