What happened to kifarucast?

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Guy simply opens a discussion about a podcast and then you get all the Cowboys coming in here telling him not to complain? This is an online discussion forum isn't it? I own a bunch of Kifaru, but man it is funny as hell to see all the dudes mount up if anything negative is said about the company or Aron himself. Aron Could give 2 shits if a guy doesn't like his podcast. There are many that love his podcast. Open discussions are not a bad thing on a discussion forum. Just as this guy could listen to other podcasts, you can choose to reply to his thread or move on...

rodney482

WKR
He was 1 of the founders of this site.

Maybe so, but I guarantee that if someone came on this forum and pumped their own tires as much as he does on kifarucast, he would get shutdown in one way or another pretty fast, even if he has tons of street credit.
Not to mention putting others down because they are lesser hunters....
Its just piss pore sportsmanship.

Which doesn’t automatically equate to having to agree with everything he says or does, does it ?? If this is a “Fanboy” only forum or product then it truly is time to find other companys to get behind. Thankfully it doesn’t seem like Aaron is the kind of guy to surround himself by yes men...

I don’t disagree but I find it funny a guy is talking smack about what would happen if Aron posted in a perceived or interrupted way on Rokslide, a platform brought to us partially by Aron.

From grunt to CEO of Kifaru wasn’t by most odds based on a popularity reward,

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Podcast and Forums are very hard to run. Way more goes into them than anyone not involved can imagine. You get very jaded after awhile. Three of us started Rokslide back in late 2011, I'm the only one left. I post far less than before because you get tired of repeating yourself to people who live in their mom's basement. As a whole Rokslide is a great forum, unfortunately, I only get to deal with the good guys a very small percentage of the time. As for the Kifarucast, if you truly have an issue with it stop listening or reach out to Frank and Aron they are very responsive.

OP
skaldugwas
As for the Kifarucast, if you truly have an issue with it stop listening or reach out to Frank and Aron they are very responsive.
And that is what I will do.
I was merely lamenting on how what was once a tremendous source of inspiration and information for myself and others has devolved into a show about how great the host thinks he is and how people he perceives as lesser hunters have no business giving advice on the subject. Not to mention the vulgarity... but to each their own, i would like to see someone as talented and accomplished as Aaron to be a role model rather than a bad influence as a lot of people look up to him. I was one of those people but all the back biting and S talking on the last few episodes has really given me pause. We are all flawed humans, but when you are a public representative for the sport of hunting I would like to see more people putting their best foot forward rather than resorting to soccer mom gossip sessions on air. But no one is perfect I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
And that is what I will do.
I was merely lamenting on how what was once a tremendous source of inspiration and information for myself and others has devolved into a show about how great the host thinks he is and how people he perceives as lesser hunters have no business giving advice on the subject. Not to mention the vulgarity... but to each their own, i would like to see someone as talented and accomplished as Aaron to be a role model rather than a bad influence as a lot of people look up to him. I was one of those people but all the back biting and S talking on the last few episodes has really given me pause. We are all flawed humans, but when you are a public representative for the sport of hunting I would like to see more people putting their best foot forward rather than resorting to soccer mom gossip sessions on air. But no one is perfect I guess.

I guess I look at it differently. I would much rather a person be themselves on podcasts then all the fake ass ****s that are on podcasts today!

fbhandler

WKR
From grunt to CEO of Kifaru wasn’t by most odds based on a popularity reward,

Exactly... Personally, I’m a bit distrustful of those who agree with everything I would say. While their intentions are probably noble, those who sometimes challenge us, are are the folks who will inevitably push us on to better things. I’m not trying to be overly philosophical here but there are a lot of times I’m not sure if I agree with what I’m sayin

WRO

WKR
Podcast and Forums are very hard to run. Way more goes into them than anyone not involved can imagine. You get very jaded after awhile. Three of us started Rokslide back in late 2011, I'm the only one left. I post far less than before because you get tired of repeating yourself to people who live in their mom's basement. As a whole Rokslide is a great forum, unfortunately, I only get to deal with the good guys a very small percentage of the time. As for the Kifarucast, if you truly have an issue with it stop listening or reach out to Frank and Aron they are very responsive.
Truth
a369130a85ae8cbe11dbf8449ea395aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer someone speaking freely instead of speaking with a sponsors arm up their a$$. Role models for the young are great but sometimes adults need role models as well and if that comes with adult content so be it. Vulgar to some is everyday language to others. Not everyone lives with their eyes and ears protected from sights and sounds that offend them. It's everyone's choice to listen or not to listen. I like the various formats out there to choose from.

OP
skaldugwas
I guess I look at it differently. I would much rather a person be themselves on podcasts then all the fake ass ****s that are on podcasts today!

If you look at my OG post i made no mention of someone being fake or disengenuous about anything, it was about all the self aggrandizing and Gossipy S talking that has found its way into the podcast, now if He really brags about himself THAT MUCH in real life as in the podcast then that is a disturbing insight that would label him an out and out blow hard, but I don’t think thats what you meant.
S talking, putting down others in hunting media and massaging your own ego are all things you don’t do in mixed company, especially if all your profiles say “Public Figure”
There is a razor thin line separating “telling it like it is” and being an A hole. He weaves over that line constantly from the episodes that listened to.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It’s sounds like your ok with the PG version of Aron and Frank but not the unfiltered version?

I personally don’t like all the podcast they put out. Hell I don’t like all of anyone’s podcast.

On the flip side I listen to several PG podcast where the host and the guest just pat each other on the back and it’s boring as hell... or they talk about subjects that they have zero knowledge in as if they are the subject matter expert.

It might be me but I will take the guy that walks the line between Cocky or A-hole, that knows what he’s talking about over the guys talking just to hear themselves talk.

From a standpoint of a guy trying to learn about DIY western hunting, I love it. Its 2 guys that actually do real OTC DIY hunts and for the most part interview others that do the same. It's hard for me to relate to the experience of other figures like Renella or Cam who are working off a big budget and have a whole crew working to locate an animal for one shooter. Nothing against them, I think they're legit and have earned their way, but when I'm looking to gain knowledge of things that I'll actually do in my life, I'm looking to guys like Aron and Frank.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
I'm into hunting and dirt bikes. Frankly, I'm just amazed that there are podcasts that I can listen to that discuss both subjects.

Most of the people hosting podcasts about hunting and dirt bikes aren't going to be media professionals. I don't mean this as a slight to the hosts of any of the podcasts that have been mentioned in this discussion. I just mean, these hosts are guys like me and I would expect there to be some cuss words, incorrect grammar, and some of the less polished aspects of someone's personality to occasionally come across.

Regardless, I think people are making valid points in this thread on both sides of the discussion.

wapitibob

WKR
how people he perceives as lesser hunters have no business giving advice on the subject.

It only took 3 pages to get to the root of the issue.

Aron is correct in his analysis; insta followers or Youtube subscribers doesn't translate into skill level.

TheCougar

WKR
Some of the comments on both sides I can see the merits off and agree with. But we can’t avoid one simple fact. It’s free content. We paid nothing into it! Just don’t listen or listen selectively. I learn a lot from podcasts, but I hit the fast forward button a lot or zone out when they are talking about something I’m not interested in. Or when they make the 1,467,766th “cougar” joke. If I get anything out of the podcast, I’m super happy because it cost me nothing!

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I like the fact that Kifarucast starts without talking about the sponsors. It's only sponsor is in the title and they don't really seem to discuss packs that much. When I listen to Newberg and Jacobson I fast forward to 14 minutes and they are still going on about some product that we all "Need". And then there is only 45 minutes of content. Rogan does 3 hours and it's only 6 minutes of advertising and you can tell he hates it. It's only a formality to him.

And in regards to the language and content on Kifarucast. I don't know about you guys, but thats how most of the dudes I know talk to each other these day. It's normally pretty vulgar and yep, lots of f bombs. Seems to be kind of par for the course these days.

Maybe I am just too much a sinner to notice myself, but I find it funny to see adults complaining about foul language.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk