What happened to kifarucast?

The vulgarity of Kifarucast is probably my favorite part. That and the no bullshit approach.

All the political correctness can kiss my dick.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Ben O'Brien's podcast The Hunting Collective is a good one. I personally enjoy most of these podcasts discussed, but not every episode. I could give one less sh*t about the ads, it is what it is. Sure, over time there are more ads, but these guys have to make money somehow. They are living out their dream, don't be jealous you aren't.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with adds. It just gets weird when you were coming to a podcast for gear reviews, it gets popular and then gets gear sponsors. Obviously a guy can’t bash his sponsor or promote a better product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
The vulgarity of Kifarucast is probably my favorite part. That and the no bullshit approach.

All the political correctness can kiss my dick.

I think virtually every person on this site hates political correctness, and likes his no BS approach.

The fact that their vulgarity is your favourite part - I'm just gonna go ahead and say that's a little weird.

I think virtually every person on this site hates political correctness, and likes his no BS approach.

The fact that their vulgarity is your favourite part - I'm just gonna go ahead and say that's a little weird.

What I'm getting at is the reason I enjoy it so much is they aren't top toeing around the tulips to try and please everyone feelings by being censored in any way. There is far too much of that in this day and age.

HookUp

WKR
Political correctness is ruining comedy. -Joe Rogan

kifarukast is funny, that's one of its best features.

bcimport

WKR
I much prefer the sponsorship approach where they show supporters are mentioned at the beginning of a podcast clearly and then they move on to some good content. I like gear as much as the next guy but much like reviews on youtube and forums I kind of assume most of this new obvious and less obvious sponsor pimping is bought and paid for. It must work though because companies keep paying in to keep these things going. I just look at the title of the episode and decide if it's worth a listen. More often than not these days it really isn't if they're talking about gear because someone is paying. What works and what doesn't isn't all that complicated and most things are very small incremental improvements with monumental advertising efforts.

A podcast I would love to hear is where someone without a gear sponsor or a neutralish type podcaster (Tyler Freel!!!) got a bunch of guides on who talked about all the stuff they saw fail or work pretty well over the last few years. I know these guys always find the clients slightly amusing with all the high end stuff while the guide has been using the same pack for the last 8 years, wool pants and a rubber rain coat and they're out in the bush a LOT more than most of us.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
Love the podcast; it’s my favorite hunting/archery one by far. They’ve been coming more frequently it seems and I just hope they don’t burn themselves out. Gotta say the Randy Cooling one was great and even my wife got a kick out of the stories in the beginning. Spoo!

I do see the OP’s point, though. Kinda reminds me of this:

YouTube

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I look at it differently. I would much rather a person be themselves on podcasts then all the fake ass ****s that are on podcasts today!

Biggest reason I support and respect what Aron and Frank do with kifarucast. They probably sell more packs because of it but that never comes across as the reason for doing it. Aron has said before that they do it for themselves. Its refreshing to here actual opinions on gear and not what people are paid to say.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m late to this party. A few items:

-I deleted a few posts that were over the line in the nasty
-a few indicated this thread belongs on other (“trash-talking implied” websites?)!Hmmmm? I just see a discussion here, not a hate session, even in the OP. We don’t all have to agree.

Aron is for real and just like many people in our own lives (parents, wives, kids, friends, bosses, co-workers, neighbors...) we are not going to like everything about them. People aren’t all good or all bad.

Aron is good at what he does, he talks about it, and sometimes makes a listener feel like he’s “pumping his tires”. I’ve noticed that too, but not very often. I agree with earlier posts that confidence can be perceived as arrogance and that’s some of what’s happening. But he is good at what he puts his hand to, can’t deny it. He works hard at it. Guys shooting 200!arrows a day to become a better trad archer.

Aron has probably done more for traditional archery in the last two years, than anybody I can think of in the last 20, and that’s naturally going to bring out some jealousy/criticism/ even hate. But I’ve also noticed that he is able to go all in for traditional archery, but not turn around and bash compound users, long-range rifle men, or anyone else that’s doing it different from him. That’s a breath of fresh air to me. It’s good to see someone crossing the genre lines of these different pursuits, and doing it so well. This what hunting needs to survive, and so far he’s doing it well, you just gotta handle a few rants, cougar jokes, f’n-this-n-thats, along the way (there is a little button that allows you to skip fwd if you haven’t noticed).

Through various media, including Rokslide, he’s brought thousands of people into hunting and pushed thousands more to be better hunters.

Some of his guests seem a little star struck, I’ve been in that position with him too, and you naturally end up agreeing with him and laying on the compliments. I can’t blame him if he doesn’t edit that stuff out. But he’s not coaching guests to brown nose him, I can assure you that.

Aron has the ability to be a great friend and a great enemy. Just how he is. He’s a little thin-skinned when it comes to critics but until everyone has been in his shoes as a public figure, we can’t really judge how’d we’d react. Criticism hurts. There are real haters out there too. I just deleted a comment on YouTube yesterday from some jack calling him a loser. Loser???? Aron? What I’m saying is that I Guess I might be a little on the offense too if that crap was being thrown at me.

His content is about as unbiased as you can get when it comes to the gear, and that is rare in the podcast/forum/print world. We should embrace it. (I’m even a little jealous he can enjoy that position) But it comes all wrapped up in Aron’s strong personality of which will rub some wrong. Good trade-off to me. And always good for a few laughs.

And I disagree that he might not be a very good host but a better guest. if you go listen to the podcast where he interviews the good Dr on FOC, I thought Aron asked very good questions, and pushed for answers and clarifications. He also knows so much about hunting that I find him asking questions to guests I’d never thought of to ask. Pretty good host if you ask me and do we really want a polished pro at the mic?

I don’t listen to every episode, but the ones I do choose to listen to (and I ffwd through some
Parts if it gets off track), I always learn something from him and his crew of guests. Aron is for real, the good and the bad, and I’m thankful that’s he’s not a fake.

If you don’t like him exercising his 1st amendment rights, exercise yours and unsubscribe for sure. No one will even know unless you want us to

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for all the comments everyone, good and bad!

I'm sure I do come off arrogant at times and it's not intentional....it's just how I am I guess. I do have the best of intentions to help others laugh and learn, so you'll have to take the good with the bad.

I'm sitting in a tree in Oklahoma, so this helped kill some time in the mid day lull.

Good luck this season everyone!

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions, comments or if you just want to shoot the shit!

Beendare: shoot me a text or call me sometime, I miss you (no homo). 720-937-1418

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Good luck chasing whitetails! It’s a cold morning down here in Alabama

Texizona

FNG
Thoughtful post by Robby and an appropriate response from Aron. Good luck in Oklahoma.

I would love to be able to listen to Kifarucast more, as I appreciate the knowledge imparted. However, the bulk of the time that I have to listen to podcasts are in the truck. Most times I will have my wife, grandkids or others along. The language and sketchy subjects so often sprinkled in the podcasts keep me from being able to listen. But, I know others enjoy those things, so to each his own.

HookUp

WKR
I put one ear bud in while I drive with my wife and family. Cussing or not my wife and kids would riot if I put on a hunting podcast and made them listen to it.

Thoughtful post by Robby and an appropriate response from Aron. Good luck in Oklahoma.

I would love to be able to listen to Kifarucast more, as I appreciate the knowledge imparted. However, the bulk of the time that I have to listen to podcasts are in the truck. Most times I will have my wife, grandkids or others along. The language and sketchy subjects so often sprinkled in the podcasts keep me from being able to listen. But, I know others enjoy those things, so to each his own.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, good and bad!

I'm sure I do come off arrogant at times and it's not intentional....it's just how I am I guess. I do have the best of intentions to help others laugh and learn, so you'll have to take the good with the bad.

I'm sitting in a tree in Oklahoma, so this helped kill some time in the mid day lull.

Good luck this season everyone!

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions, comments or if you just want to shoot the shit!

Beendare: shoot me a text or call me sometime, I miss you (no homo). 720-937-1418

Aron, really liked the Randy Cooling podcast stories. Im a Foreman for commercial doors/frames/hardware in the SF bay area, So I knew exactly what you were talking about. I got a good laugh and can relate to the types of people you've had to work with and shit people do.
I've got some stories about a 35 year old green apprentice we had that'd make you shit your pants laughing.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I appreciate all of the kind words I have received in text message and email in response to this thread.

4386ebf558e320d9368866a50d0741ec.jpg