If you had to choose buying points in Wyoming

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
Would it be for deer or elk ? I’ve already got a few of each in Colorado and I’m looking to add another state . Not rich so can’t afford hunting out west every year . I would sit on them for at 4-5 years then use them .no guide I’d be by myself working on a shoestring budget .no “inches “ expectation just like to be able to work for a grown animal . Thanks

Russp17

WKR
Would it be for deer or elk ? I’ve already got a few of each in Colorado and I’m looking to add another state . Not rich so can’t afford hunting out west every year . I would sit on them for at 4-5 years then use them .no guide I’d be by myself working on a shoestring budget .no “inches “ expectation just like to be able to work for a grown animal . Thanks

So I would do both. You lose your points in Wyoming if you don't buy more points after I believe two years. So with mule deer in Wyoming. You need 1-5 to hunt decent public land tags, With elk you will likely need 2 or 3 to do a general tag so if you can't afford both I would alternate buying one of each so that you always keep your points and in 5 years you can hunt a general elk tag and an ok mule deer tag.

cnelk

WKR
Forget Deer. Get Pronghorn and Elk.

Wyoming Pronghorn is one of the funnest hunts you can do.

With 2-3 Elk PPs you can get a GEN tag.

Take the $41 PP fee for deer and put it toward the other two species - In 5 yrs, that $205

If you want to hunt WY deer, get a leftover tag or research a unit that doesnt take any PPs

sneaky

"DADDY"
$93 for both deer and elk points. $124 if you add antelope

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk