Wyoming and Montana Elk hunting guides recommendations and reviews

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys so my dad and I both Montana nonresident big game combination preference points and Wyoming non resident elk and deer preference points. We have been saving to go on a guided hunt in one of the two states for years and it is finally coming to fruition. We are looking for a 5-7 day fully guided elk or elk deer combo hunt. We can spend up to 6500 each for the guide not including licensing. We have saved for a long time for this so any guided you can recommend from either state would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Trial153

WKR
How many points are you sitting on in wy? Is this going to be rifle hunt?

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
We both only have 1 deer and 1 elk point. Yes it will be a rifle hunt

Trial153

WKR
Ok. The units I know an outfitter in wy would take quite a bit more points to draw. Good luck!!

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
I think you'll need more points for a general area elk tag in Wyoming but try Wapiti Ridge. Just got back from my first elk hunt ever and it was everything I expected and more. They're is some turnover coming as the outfitter is selling his outfit to one of his guides but the changes shouldn't impact the hunting or the setup. Their site may be down but you can find them on social media. They're not huge into that stuff but you can find them.

Wayne Hill outfitters in Montana. I hunted with them this year, archery, and their guides will work their butts off trying to get you the animal you're looking for. Matter of fact, I'm about to book for 2019 as well. The lodge is super clean, the food is wonderful and the country is rugged.

wytx

WKR
Some good outfitters out of the Saratoga , Wyoming area that hunt general elk areas with private access, deer too. No wolves so to speak and no grizz around there.