Game Stew Recipes

So its getting close to the beginning of rifle deer season here in Pa which means my small game hunting will probably come to a close. I may do a little squirrel/rabbit hunting after christmas but we will see.
My question is, does anyone have recomendations for a recipe for squirrel/rabbit/dove/duck stew? Something I could make in a big pot and eat for several days, take to work ect.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Look up Burgoo stew. It is traditionally made with various game meats such as squirrel and venison. I usually make it with venison and chicken, but really any game meat mixed in with domestic meats would work. This is the one I start with, and use what ever meat I have available.

Kentucky Burgoo Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com

Muttly

WKR
Caribou stew. That's what I miss. Lived in the Yukon for 4 years in my younger, wilder, days.
Never got a caribou myself, would get some caribou every once in a while.

YouTube

This is just your basic base from which you can add, subtract and make changes however you like.

I have used, Shanks, blade roast, neck roast and regular old stew meat. You just have to adjust your cook time according to the cut you are using.

Ive also been using an instant pot (fancy electric pressure cooker) to speed things up and make things a little easier. You can saute and brown the meat in it before you start the slowcooking.

OP
lyle_destroys
So I ended up making a "mulligan" type stew with my leftover pheasant, duck, squirrel, dove, and rabbit. It was delicious. Little extra cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper made it perfect to eat outside on a cold day at work.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk