Any roksliders in indiannapolis???

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I may need some help, got hit by someone on interstate 70. I have over 200lbs mule deer meat and dont know what i am gonna do?? My truck may be totalled, so i may be stuck here a day or two. Could really use help, all my gear and auch id with me too on wzy back from montana

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Brum

FNG
What all do you need help with? Unfortunately I have no freezer space or I'd help you freeze that meat. What area of indy are you? East, downtown or West?

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I am now at a hotel on shadeland, not sure if thats east/west/or what truck is towed to the lot. Just got off phone with insurance, hopefully the adjuster calls me soon...he suppose to come pick me up to come look at truck. Maybe with a little luck i will be in a rental on my home in a few hours. If i am stuck here for a couple days i dont know what i will do about my meat :(

I am now at a hotel on shadeland, not sure if thats east/west/or what truck is towed to the lot. Just got off phone with insurance, hopefully the adjuster calls me soon...he suppose to come pick me up to come look at truck. Maybe with a little luck i will be in a rental on my home in a few hours. If i am stuck here for a couple days i dont know what i will do about my meat :(

Do you have it in coolers? I have kept an elk on ice for probably 6-7 days easy and I am sure it would go to 10-12 days no problem. Just rotate the meat and drain the bloody water. If you're in a hotel, drain the meat in the bath tub maybe? Another idea would be to find a local butcher/processor and see if you can pay a storage fee to leave it in their freezer for a few days?

Lawnboi

WKR
Another option is find yourself some dry ice, it will freeze your meat solid and be good for days

Glad your okay and let us know how the hunt went when your out.

netman

WKR
Just seen this. I have a walk in freezer at my home. I live near Evansville. I can meet you on I 69 and bring the meat to my freezer.

Gobspur

FNG
Just saw this as well. I live about 3 miles from where you were and had space! Glad you got it worked out!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Luckily i alreasy had it on dry ice since we left montana, that stuff is awesome, my first experience with it.heck my meat was still frozen when i arrived in vieginia yesterday lol. I was provided a rental car by the other guys insurance whom is at fault. Enterprise would have choked hadcthey seen me loading all of my hunting and camping gear into their minivan, complete with my mud and blood covered hitch hauler, which got li aded into the minivan as well lol

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
My truck isnot totalled thank the lord, can u all recommend a top notch collission repair center in east indy? Or somewhere along i 70 towards ohio?

Gobspur

FNG
My truck isnot totalled thank the lord, can u all recommend a top notch collission repair center in east indy? Or somewhere along i 70 towards ohio?

Alot of people like Church Brothers collision repair. Theyre actually on Shadeland near where you were. Check out their reviews. Ive also used Voelkels, up in Lawrence on the NE side.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk