Does your wife/girlfriend hunt also?

noexcuses

FNG
nope, does not hunt or fish, likes to shoot her AR9. Supports me doing it and enjoys eating the rewards and helps process the catch.

IDLassie

FNG
I've been married 36 years. Started hunting with my dad and got my first deer when I was 12.
I've been outdoors my whole life and wouldn't miss a moment.
My husband and I have been step for step with each other. We are best friends and don't hunt with others. We depend totally on each other.
I got my second elk ever last year a nice cow. We had enough meat so he decided not to fill his tag.
Our next elk/cow hunt is coming up Dec 1. Hoping to get something.
I'm slowing down and so is he. Both of us 60 years old now. We go as far as we can then hobble back.
Yes warm quality boots and cloths are a must for me and him.
We trap, hunt and are fire lookouts in the summer. Hoping to get back into fishing after one more summer on the mountain.
Have the retirement house bought and paid for. Spend the winters in the mountains now and loving every minute of it.
You guys that don't like your wives along to bad. Knew a lady who killed a elk every year for years. Everyone would take off running to the top of the mountains and she'd come dragging along and she usually got a nice bull each year.

WKR
Have had many great hunts with my now 23 year old daughter. She developed a love for the outdoors and went on to get a Biosystems Engineering degree. She now works in the outdoors on environmental projects and loves it. Next year she is burning the 12 elk points I helped her accumulate and we're looking for her first elk. Get those daughters out there dads and moms.

dtrkyman

WKR
My wife is a fair weather hunter/angler, she just likes being outside and loves the solitude of the wild places I may drag her.

Really doesn’t care if she kills anything and will fish for a bit then just hang out and read or collect rocks that I get to haul around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CX5Ranch

WKR
My wife has taken over 20 WT deer with a rifle. She loves to hunt but has slowed way down after our 3 boys came along. Now she is happy to make sure we all have long John's and diaper wipes when we leave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do. She’s not into hunting like most people on the rokslide but she wants to hunt.

Couple cons are
She gets cold a lot easier. It was -9 opening morning and it was kinda cold for her.
She doesn’t have the experience so sometimes it’s pretty tough get her setup for a shot. Again opening day we had a buck bedded for her and we didn’t get a shot at it until 36 minutes after legal shooting time. She just couldn’t get comfortable behind the gun.
I have the same tag and since it’s kinda like taking a kid my tag was basically on the back burner until she got a decent buck.
When scouting/hunting she kept borrowing my binoculars. So I had to get her a pair and quality binoculars aren’t cheap.

Some pros are I can count some scouting and hunting as family time :)
Now I have a backup pair of quality binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in this situation to a "T".

Oregon

WKR
My wife hunts....hunts for her next purse or pair of shoes to purchase.

Been working great past 25 years. She wishes me luck each morning and loves a good elk roast or medium rare mallard for dinner.
The bonus is I transport all my bird/deer carcasses to the dump in all the boxes Amazon leaves on my front porch.

After 16 years of being with my wife and asking her if she'd like to go hunting each year, she finally said yes this year!! I think mainly because our oldest 2 kids are hunting now, regardless of the reason I'm thrilled to have my best friend along side me in the field! And as luck would have it she was able to get an awesome 20 inch wide 4 x fork with split eyegaurds blacktail!! Now all of a sudden she understands the importance of good gear, like optics and precision rifles!!! She went and bought trail camera's, new camo's, and is looking at all kinds of new gear. Her shot was 510 yards so she's also understanding that all the trigger time I push is actually well worth it!!! She doesn't want to do all the hunts my kids and I do, and we're all good with that!

TJack303

FNG
Mine does, but only on one hunt a year. It's perfect for me because shes not as dedicated to hunting as I am and isn't as willing to go to the tough spots to hunt. So I bring her on a mule deer hunt every year in a easy access area with plenty of opportunity and then I have 4 hunting trips on my own where I can really get after elk, mulies and antelope. It works out perfect for me.

JakeC

FNG
My wife doesnt have any interest in it. I'm ok with that. I need plenty of alone time to be tolerable to be around so it works out.

Pike40

FNG
Wife does not hunt or fish. She enjoys the outdoors and we have camped together forever. As we are getting a little older she is less interested but very supportive of my time in the woods. You really cant ask for any more from your spouse.

My wife and I are both wildlife biologists and she has hunted with me from day one, 18 years ago. She has taken one cow elk with a rifle and one cow and 3 javelina with a bow. She also likes to hunt dove, quail, turkey, deer and pronghorn.
9719949693940c7e5966d682f0322a27.jpg
8e65f228c2a254b329c2a9bd67aaeb01.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk