Colorado Big 3 PP Fee

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah, I’ll still put in for the 1 desert sheep tag in CO but never plan to draw it. If I remember correctly some of the sheep draw unit’s in ID have about the same odds for success as the MT Unlimited.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, I’ll still put in for the 1 desert sheep tag in CO but never plan to draw it. If I remember correctly some of the sheep draw unit’s in ID have about the same odds for success as the MT Unlimited.
They did until they changed the app process. I need to look them up again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I say bullshit but I may be in the minority. It sucks for me as I am only mid 30's and financially stable enough to start building points in some states.

Now that it is basically a $420 lottery that I will likely never win I won't be participating anymore.

I wish PA would do this with their elk licenses. Maybe then as a resident I could draw one in 30 years.

And I'm not entirely naive, if i had 10 points and was a resident i would be praising this to no end. That said my generation will likely see the end of any opportunity for these tags and my childrens generation (if the world doenst implode by then) will also likely only have 0.5% draw odds as well.

I'm guessing Nevada sees a big increase in applications next

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
And I'm not entirely naive, if i had 10 points and was a resident i would be praising this to no end.

What's there to praise? We really don't compete much with all the NR's for sheep, moose, and goat so all us residents are still in the same boat........slim odds at best, and it costs us more for those slim odds.

Thank god!! I liked the fronting the money more. But at least this will get rid of a lot of the $3 folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I say bullshit but I may be in the minority. It sucks for me as I am only mid 30's and financially stable enough to start building points in some states.

Now that it is basically a $420 lottery that I will likely never win I won't be participating anymore.

I wish PA would do this with their elk licenses. Maybe then as a resident I could draw one in 30 years.

And I'm not entirely naive, if i had 10 points and was a resident i would be praising this to no end. That said my generation will likely see the end of any opportunity for these tags and my childrens generation (if the world doenst implode by then) will also likely only have 0.5% draw odds as well.

I'm guessing Nevada sees a big increase in applications next
I bet they don't in Nevada. Their odds are already enough to deter most everyone, and it would only get worse. Besides, you gotta pay the $160 license fee up front, then start applying. Still cost around $200 to apply.... for 0.05% odds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
With the weighted point system for the big 3 in Colorado that’s basically all it is.

The monetization of hunting will be our ruination. I think were any ready past the point of no return.

The monetization of hunting will be our ruination. I think were any ready past the point of no return.

I misread your post. I meant is basically a lottery since the weighted points don’t mean much. I didn’t mean auction.

Trial153

WKR
I misread your post. I meant is basically a lottery since the weighted points don’t mean much. I didn’t mean auction.

It's a lottery almost universally, CO and every place else.
The next step is straight auctions. Why because why not, supply and demand. Pay to play. And soon even regular guys won't be able to play the lottery that's pricing them out.

I dont know many regular guys that can pay 400 to 500 to play the lottery but most people that play the power ball and mega millions etc probably pay that much every year.

I wasnt really upset as my chances of ever drawing are slim everywhere but they took away my inexpensive hope.

I guess the Dream tag and Super tag in Arizona are my best chance

sndmn11

WKR
We applied last year for those three for the first time, but will not for goat, might for moose, and sheep is a probably not. It definitely makes a lot of the raffle tags that the RMEF, MDF, etc., offer and the bunches at the Western Hunting and Conservation Expo look much more attractive.

jm1607

WKR
So...

From what I understand we will need to buy a 2019 small game license to apply this year.

Do we still need a 2018 small game license to waive point fees for Elk, Deer, and Antelope?