Colorado Big 3 PP Fee

vanish

WKR
Sheep / Goat / Moose preference points, on top of requiring some sort of hunting license (small game or turkey, NOT fishing license) and paying the app fee, will now be $50 R / $100 NR.

YouTube

( Investigating the fee for other species was deferred until next year. )

ckleeves

WKR
So for the guys that were happy about not having to front the full tag price, would you rather pay these fees or front the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
A PP fee is MUCH cheaper for NonRes than tag price = no brainer

For Res its about a wash

This will at least eliminate SOME of the $3 applicants

ckleeves

WKR
A PP fee is MUCH cheaper for NonRes than tag price = no brainer

For Res its about a wash

This will at least eliminate SOME of the $3 applicants

I’m not understanding how it’s cheaper? For either res or non-res.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I assume he means because you only need $50/100 in your bank account vs whatever the tag cost even though that was refunded. So instead of needing $1500-ish (resident guess) available, you just need $150.

WKR
Wow, that will make some of the $3 applicants think twice about applying for a 2% chance opportunity.

Trial153

WKR
Is the PP fee in lieu of a license, and woudlnt that cover all you on all applications?

Not sure why they dont just require a nonresident lic then have a application fee that covers cost...same as most other states.

tdhanses

WKR
So you have to buy a small game license AND pay $100 a pop?

Not how I understood it, you only pay if you didn’t have a qualifying license the previous year. One way to get out of paying the fee is to buy a small game license, similar to how it is now for deer,elk and antelope.

It really would only reduce applicants that only build points and really don’t care about goat, sheep and moose yet bought a pt because it was so cheap. It’ll still be cheap to buy a pt if you held a qualifying license.

OP
vanish

vanish

WKR
Not how I understood it, you only pay if you didn’t have a qualifying license the previous year. One way to get out of paying the fee is to buy a small game license, similar to how it is now for deer,elk and antelope.

It really would only reduce applicants that only build points and really don’t care about goat, sheep and moose yet bought a pt because it was so cheap. It’ll still be cheap to buy a pt if you held a qualifying license.

Sorry, that's incorrect. That's how it used to be. This is new.

probably not reading comprehension seems to lack amongst the masses no matter how bold and how many updates the CPW marks in the regulations.

OP
vanish

vanish

WKR
For a NR to apply for Sheep, Goat and Moose in Colorado in 2019, this will be the costs:

$80 Small Game License
$1.50 ​​​​Wildlife Education Fee
$0.25 Search and Rescue
$10 Habitat Stamp
$27 (9 x 3) App Fees
$300 (100 x 3) PP Fees
--------------------------
$418.75

Just a small increase from the $9 last year. Holy moly.

Trial153

WKR
So a licence fee plus application fee plus a 100 preference point fee for sheep and goat.
Fantastic

tdhanses

WKR
For a NR to apply for Sheep, Goat and Moose in Colorado in 2019, this will be the costs:

$80 Small Game License
$1.50 ​​​​Wildlife Education Fee
$0.25 Search and Rescue
$10 Habitat Stamp
$27 (9 x 3) App Fees
$300 (100 x 3) PP Fees
--------------------------
$418.75

Just a small increase from the $9 last year. Holy moly.

Dang that did change, so it doesn’t even matter if you had a previous years license or does it still for elk, deer and antelope? Well everyone complained it was too cheap, this will reduce the number of NR for sure.

Last edited: